chapter two

[third person]
-

it was fairly warm in europe for early march, especially in amsterdam. the temperature was a little over twenty degrees celsius, being comfortable for the large group of people on tour. shawn sighed gently, looking out of his hotel balcony, and seeing the crowds of fans beneath him, who somehow haven't even noticed him there.

"so, girlfriend?" brian asks him with a chuckle, handing shawn a bottle of opened beer. shawn lets out a sad laugh, taking a long sip of his beer.

"yeah," he mumbles. "fake, though," shawn mutters, running his other hand through his hair, before turning around, and leaning against the stone balcony. "god, my love life is fucked up."

"how are you feeling about it?"

"i mean, i don't like it," he says, folding his arms, and holding his bottle in between his bicep and lower arm. "but what can i do? if andrew says something, especially if he says something for press, i have to go along with it. it makes sense, i'm just about to start tour, and having a girlfriend would mean that my name will be the only name said all over europe, and eventually the world."

anya opens the doors to her balcony, stepping outside, only to see shawn and brian right next to her, the two of them only separated by a low concrete wall.

"hey anya," brian waves, as anya smiles slightly, folding her arms. "how you finding things?"

"hey," she responds. "eh, it's different, that's for sure," she jokes, looking down at the crowd of people briefly. "is it like this everywhere?"

"some places it's less, some places it's more," shawn answers, taking a sip of his beer, and looking between brian and anya, before sighing, and walking back into his hotel room. "can she just leave me alone?" he mumbles to himself, sitting down on the bed.

"don't mind him," brian tells anya, moving to where shawn was standing. "he's just-"

"confused? yeah, i know," anya says softly. "i get why. he's been pushed to have a girlfriend he doesn't even know. that probably sucks."

"yeah, he's not taking it well," he lets out an uncomfortable chuckle, looking back into the room, seeing shawn lying down and looking straight up at the ceiling, his hand on his chest, the other clutching the beer bottle beside him. "how are you taking it thought?"

"i-it's a little weird," she says, rubbing her arm gently. "i don't think anyone would expect themselves to be in a situation like this, you know? truthfully, i don't really care about pretending to have a boyfriend since i prefer being single, but it's just kind of annoying when that boyfriend acts like a dick to you for simply doing your job."

"yeah, i heard some of the stuff on the plane," brian tells her gently, as she sighs softly. "i'm sorry about that."

"don't be, it's not your fault," she responds. "i get why he's being a dick, but it isn't all exactly rainbows and unicorns for me, you know?"

"yeah i get you," brian sighs. "i guess it's because shawns trying to get over someone. he sort of missed his chance with her completely, wrote an entire album about her, released how he felt to the world, and he's still single," he lists. "it is tiring for him. i think he's just unsure of himself."

"that sucks," anya says. "well, i'm gonna go back in and order some room service. i'll see you in the morning, then."

"you aren't coming out with all of us?"