chapter eleven

in honour of ya girl ******* ** 🅱️🅱️ ;)
-
[third person]
-

it was finally the last day of tour. shawn was about to get on stage, and yet again, brian and anya were sneaking off to get some sort of alone time; but both of them had different intentions.

anya wanted to end things with brian, brian wanted to hang out with her.

shawn was ecstatic. when anya told him about her intentions, he couldn't hold in his excitement. tonight was going to be just him and anya, and he couldn't wait.

"hey, gerty, how long till i have to get on stage?" shawn asks andrew, swinging his guitar around him.

"half an hour, go hang out with people or something," andrew chuckles at him. shawn nods, taking his guitar off of his back, and placing it on the rack, before walking around to find anya. she said she would be done after a few minutes anyway, and she told shawn she was going to talk to brian over half an hour ago.

shawn asks a few people if they've seen her, and they all shrug, not knowing where she is, so shawn keeps walking around, until he stops behind a curtain.

silence. strange.

shawn opens up the curtain, revealing anya and brian in an intense, passionate kiss, anya sitting on brian's lap, and him sitting on a box backstage.

"anya?" shawn asks, definitely hurt, and feeling completely betrayed. anya quickly pulls away from brian, jumping up, and gulping as soon as she sees shawn.

"shawn i can explain-"

"i thought you were ending things?" shawn asks, folding his arms against his chest, a frown painted over his face.

"i was but-"

"wait, what?" brian asks, completely confused, before looking at anya. "you were gonna end things?"

"well-"

"save it," brian mutters, standing up and walking to shawns side. "i'm so sorry, man," he says to shawn, before walking away from the area.

"seriously, anya?" shawn asks, scoffing shortly after. "get your mind together! you literally just told me you were gonna end things with him, so you could focus on me."

"i know but-"

"you really are frustrating," shawn says to her, shaking his head. "god, forget everything between us."

"shawn!" she yells, making him turn around again to face her. "can you listen to me?"

"not really because i know you'll probably just tell me a whole load of bullshit," shawn shoots at her, putting his arms down at his sides. "but go on."

"just forget it," she mumbles, folding her arms and looking down at the floor. "his intentions were different to mine, he didn't even let me speak."

"you didn't have to kiss back," shawn shoots at her, before she looks up, seeing shawn properly. he looks hurt. really hurt. "god damn it, anya!" he bursts, placing his hands on his hips. "don't you understand that i'm crazy about you? i'm falling so hard. so hard. i didn't even know i could fall this hard for someone, ever."

"y-you are?" she asks, standing up straight, and shock running through her. shawn lets out a tired chuckle, rolling his eyes.

"of course i am, why else would i be trying so hard?" he asks her, as she feels a small smile come over her lips, which slowly fades when she realises what she's done. "but i think we're better off the way we are," shawn continues, knowing it's the right thing to say, but he doesn't want to say it. her mouth goes slightly agape at shawn, and she nods, looking away. "public appearances, interviews, to my fans, the world, your family, the rest of my family, we're real," he takes a quick breath to steady himself. "to ourselves, we're fake." shawn turns around slowly, walking away from the scene, running his fingers through his hair.

he was glad he had a show tonight to take his mind off things.
-
anya finds herself sitting in the bus throughout the show, her legs pulled up to her chest, sitting down on one of the long couches. it was raining outside, the drops sliding down the windows of the bus. anya lets a sigh pass her lips.

she really did mess up.

she turns her head, looking out of the tinted windows, seeing a girl run towards the bus. aaliyah. the door opens, and aaliyah quickly rushes in, jumping at anya.

"oh, hey," she says, sighing softly and sitting down on the couch. "what's up?"

"just stuff," anya says softly, resting her cheek on her knees.

"is it my brother?" she asks the girl gently. anya chuckles softly, shaking her head. "wait, really?"

"yeah," anya answers, lifting her head up. "i'm mad at myself, really." she finally sighs, as aaliyah looks at her confused, shuffling closer to anya. "god, how could i mess up so bad?" she mumbles, tears filling her eyes.

"no, don't cry," aaliyah says quickly, moving closer and rubbing anyas back, as she lets a tear roll down her cheek. "what happened?"

"you know that shawn and i aren't dating, right?" aaliyah nods her head, as anya wipes her eyes. "i started something with brian, and i was gonna end it tonight, but when i wanted to talk to him, he had other ideas. he started kissing me, and i gave in. shawn walked in, and obviously he was hurt by it, because i was gonna end things with brian to truthfully be with shawn. fake or not."

"shawn really is crazy about you," aaliyah tells her.

"and then shawn told me he was falling for me, but then he decided to conclude whatever the hell is going on between us, and said it was just fake, but to everyone else around us, and the world, it wouldn't be," she rants. "but to us, to me, it's not real. at all."

"did you want it to be real?" aaliyah asks her gently.

"he really has shown a side of him to me that i'm attracted to," she says softly. "i didn't think i would ever like him, but these last nine or so weeks have proved the opposite."

"tell him," aaliyah urges.

"i have, i told him this morning," she sniffles. "but it's okay. if he doesn't want to have something, then i'll respect him."

"you know he just dedicated a song to you, right?" anya scoffs at aaliyah, looking up.

"he dedicates lost in japan to me every night," she says. "andrew told him to."

"no, anya," she sighs. "he dedicated when you're ready to you."

"w-what?" anya stutters, looking up completely, letting her legs fall to the floor. "that's gotta mean something, right?"

"i mean, he wouldn't have done it for the sake of it," aaliyah tells her. anya smiles softly to herself, curling back up on the couch. "just talk to him when he gets back on the bus, the show's over in around an hour." anya nods, stretching out and reaching for the television remote in the bus.

"wanna dream about peter kavinsky with me?"

"is that even a question?"
-
peter kavinsky >>> shawn mendes

also real note: are y'all liking the revisited version much? idk i feel like when i write it, it's going so slow, and really not being too interesting haha anywho love u guys <3