chapter twenty

[third person]
-

shawn was right when he said he would make anya's life hell. somehow, he 'accidentally' spilled the entire story of their relationship, barre the parts about anya being hired, but he made sure he put in the parts about brian, and now whoever the second man was.

as soon as anya got off her plane and went through departures, she was hounded.

people were calling her names, throwing insults at her, making her completely crumble on the inside. she couldn't even think straight, without someone lunging to hit her, or spit at her, or throw something at her.

and don't forget the paparazzi.

"anya, what do you have to say about breaking shawns heart?"

"who's the other guy?"

"we saw that noah centineo started following you, is he the other guy?"

"how do you feel knowing that most of shawns fans hate you?"

as soon as she got in her taxi, she cried. she broke down completely. she couldn't believe shawn actually did it, she wouldn't believe that shawn did it. she felt alone, cold, heartbroken. she wanted to disappear completely.

her phone began to ring wildly, and she sighed, letting a sob escape her lips, before seeing 'mum' flashed over her screen.

then disaster struck.

her world spun completely out of control, she couldn't breathe. the space was getting smaller and smaller, with every single word her mother uttered, and she completely broke.

"you have made a compete disgrace to our family! how did you think you would be able to get away with this? do you know what you've done? i don't want to ever see you again anya rose! you are not my child anymore!"

anya felt sick. she had nowhere to go. she was in her home, but she felt so far away from it. she had no one.

her phone started to ring obnoxiously yet again, and she sighed loudly, sliding her thumb across the screen.

"i'm texting you my address, you're coming to me right now. i have a room made up, you can stay with me for as long as you want," camila cabello says to her quickly. "i know there's no truth in anything that shawn said. you're coming over now, okay?"

camila and anya both became extremely close when shawn introduced them to each other. anya trusted camila with everything, even though she had only known her for a couple months at the most.

"i-i don't know what to do, camila," she cries in response, feeling herself break even more than she was.

"just come to mine, we can order some food, and you can tell me everything that's going on, okay? you're not alone, anya," camila reminds her. "i'll see you in a bit, okay?"

"thank you," anya mumbles, her cries turning into sniffles, as they both hang up. anya waits for the text, and tells the driver the new location, before turning her phone off completely.

she made a mental note to herself to deactivate her social media accounts.

anya let out a soft sigh, leaning her head against the window of the car, reflecting on the past few days, and wondering why it got so bad. she wiped her cheeks again, only for more tears to find their way down her cheeks.

how did she fall for shawn?
-
"are you an idiot or something?" andrew snaps at shawn, standing at the doorway of shawns dressing room, his arms folded, and an angered look over his face.

"i was angry," shawn admits. "she's led me on too many times, andrew. she can't get away with that."

"you really are self conceited," andrew mutters, closing the dressing room door. "she would never do that to you. never. especially after what happened the first time."

"cheaters don't change, gerty," shawn mumbles, looking down at his lock screen wallpaper, seeing a picture of him and anya in portland. one of the photos from that insane night.

"did you even think through all of this? your fans are going crazy over her, and the paparazzi are going to slander her. that was a really selfish move, shawn," andrew warns him. "you do realise she's been completely disowned from her family, right?"

"what?" shawn asks, completely clueless. "why?"

"because of what you said!" andrew says angrily, letting out a frustrated laugh. "she's staying with camila in la."

"so camila probably hates me now," shawn scoffs, putting his phone down on the table in front of him. "she's seeing someone else. she got bored of me. it's her fault."

"oh you really screwed up," andrew mutters. "i really hope you feel bad about things, because you have ruined that girls life. she's getting hated on for no reason."

"no reason? no reason?" shawn yells, getting more and more angry with andrew. "she's led me on! again!"

"you really are a horrible person," andrew says, shaking his head and trailing his eyes at shawn with an unimpressed look.

"i'm a horrible person for having feelings?"
shawn bursts. "you're supposed to be family to me! how dare you even say that?"

"because you are! no matter how annoyed you are with her, you can't do that!" andrew yells back. "she's a person! a person with feelings, a person with a life you've completely ruined, again!"

"don't you dare bring that into it, you know i didn't know it would happen," shawn mutters suddenly, getting extremely defensive.

"but you still did it. what you said to her was purely rude. your words have effects, shawn. you've ruined her life, again," he snaps. "get dressed, you have a q&a to do."

shawn knew andrew was right. he was a horrible person. he should've been the bigger person in this situation, what he did was just immature.

and it killed him that he did it to the one he loves.

he was in love with anya. from the moment he woke up, to the second he fell asleep, anya was on his mind. her hypnotising eyes, contagious smile, pure intelligence, and completely innocent humour made shawns heart beat just that little bit faster. he adored every little part of her; how she precisely measured how many drops of milk she had in her tea, how she constantly had to have a minimum of three litres of water, or otherwise she would be cranky, how she had her set morning coffee routine, how she made sure shawn was okay, constantly. she is the most caring person shawn had in his life, he's in love with her.

and the fact that she had someone else, hurt him more than words could describe.

he was fragile. he wasn't as strong as people expected him to be. he completely broke down his walls for her. he let her reveal all his layers. he opened up his heart just for her.

he only had time for her, and it hurt knowing that she had time for someone else.

it's a shame shawn didn't know the real reason why.
-
so maybe this book took a turn for the worse? oh well