chapter one

[third person]
-

"hey dude, watch it!"

the brunette girl grumbles to herself, wiping away the remnants of her coffee with her hand, not being able to find a tissue as she strolls down fifth avenue. she gazes down at her white blouse, which now had a brown splatter stain running down it; luckily stopping at the waistband of her black denim skirt, which didn't show the coffee.

anya keeps walking, the stain not stopping her from heading to her interview and meeting with andrew gertler. she was determined to get this job; she needed it. as an online college student, she desperately was in dire need to get some money, so she could afford the incredibly expensive costs of living in manhattan, without staying in a college dorm setting.

"looking good, mamacita!" a random guy yells at her, as she passes. anya rolls her eyes, walking past quickly, not realising that her blouse is now see-through, to the state where you can see the bralette she has on underneath.

"i swear to god if i had some green chutney i would gorge his eyes out-" she cuts her mumbles off, as soon as her phone buzzes, saying she has reached her destination. a small smile settles on her lips, and she quickly walks inside the high class office, being greeted by the warm receptionist.

"hello," anya says, smiling at the woman behind the white desk. "i'm here for an interview with andrew gertler?"

"are you miss steinburg?" the blonde asks her. anya nods, whilst the blonde girl smiles, handing her a guest badge, along with a complimentary pen from island records. "thirteenth floor, office 216. it'll be to your right as soon as you step out. oh, and don't forget to swipe your badge when you get into the lift."

"thank you very much," anya greets, taking the pen and badge. "have a nice day."

"you too," the blonde responds, smiling, before going back to her computer.

anya follows the directions she was told, until she ends up outside the electro glass door, that has been programmed to hide the office completely. anya brings her hand up to the glass, knocking gently on it.

"come in!" she hears a yell, before she quickly settles her composure, opening the door, revealing a large glass desk, in front of a large window overlooking the upper east side. on one side of the desk, a brown haired man sits, probably andrew, and opposite him, a tall brunette is lounging around, not looking back.

"ah, miss steinburg!" andrew walks around his desk, going to greet the young lady. "nice to finally meet you! i'm andrew," he holds out his hand for anya to shake.

"the pleasure is all mine! i'm anya," she shakes his hand firmly, before andrew smiles, and looks towards the boy.

"shawn, get up," he sighs, making the taller brunette sigh, and lazily stand up, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

so that is the guy i'm supposed to be dating, if i get the job, anya thinks to herself, holding in her grimace.

"shawn, this is anya steinburg, anya, shawn mendes," andrew introduces the two young adults, who politely nod at each other, shawn not wanting to even talk to her. "shawn! be nice."

"sorry," shawn shrugs, walking over to anya, and holding his hand out. "i'm shawn," anya shakes his hand, slightly nervous and intimidated by his height, and extremely good looks.

"i'm anya," she responds, letting go of his hand, and looking back at andrew.

"alright, take a seat, and we'll talk about the job," he says, guiding her to the chair next to the seat shawn was sitting on. anya sits down, shawn quickly getting into the chair next to her, and andrew sitting opposite the future fake romance.