chapter fifteen

[third person]
-

a quiet hum of crickets in the distant night air enveloped their surroundings. it was pleasant, a little chilly, but a pleasant night. anya and shawn both sat side by side on the hammock style swing, each with a beer in their hands, alone from the craziness inside the house.

"you think your mom could make me whatever she made tonight?" shawn asks anya, taking a long sip of his beer.

"maybe, but you know i can make that too, right?" anya chuckles, bringing her legs up to her chest, and leaning back in her seat. "you like 'em?"

"i love your family," shawn responds, making anya grin widely. "and rose, oh my god, she's the cutest baby i've ever seen."

"i think you're her new best friend," anya tells him, taking a sip of her beer. "she gets the cuteness from me, don't tell my brother that."

"your dad showed me some of your baby albums," shawn says, trailing off slightly. "you were cute."

"oh god," anya blushes in complete embarrassment, hiding her face in her hands. "i knew when my dad wanted to talk to you something embarrassing would happen."

"don't be," shawn grins. "you were very cute. i don't know what happened," anya gasps, slapping shawns arm jokingly, making him chuckle. anya smiles, turning her head from shawn, and looking out at the view. since her parents live a little bit further away from los angeles, they got a perfect view of different hike routes around the city. she feels herself shivering slightly, and puts the beer bottle down on the floor next to them, hugging her bare arms close to her chest.

"are you cold?" shawn asks her, noticing her stature. anya shrugs, shaking her head. "you are, shut up," he finalises, putting his bottle down, and slipping off his hoodie, handing it to anya.

"shawn-"

"take it, i'm not cold," shawn cuts her off, as she smiles gently at him, slipping the hoodie over her head, and snuggling up to it, shawns cologne being comforting to her.

"thank you," she sighs, balling the sleeves in her fists. "are you sure you're not cold?"

"well," shawn pauses, a cheeky smirk on his lips. he moves closer to anya, reaching his arm around her, before leaning back himself, gently easing anya into his embrace. "i think i'm warmer now."

"oh really?" anya teases, hiding her flushed red cheeks from shawn. "you really are something else all together."

"i'm sorry, anya," shawn tells her gently, tracing little patterns with his fingers over her shoulder. "i'm really sorry for the way i treated you when you first came on tour."

"i'm sorry for fucking up so much," anya tells him quietly. "if i never even got with brian in the first place, and actually bothered to get to know you, none of this would have happened."

"don't blame yourself, i was the one who said the things," he says sadly, letting out a small sigh. "and yeah, was i hurt about you and brian? of course i was, but i get it. you're in such a weird situation, and you've literally been thrown into my life without a warning, or some sort of easing your way in. you were chucked right in the deep end, and i didn't help to make you feel welcomed."

"it's okay, i mean, look at us now," anya says to him softly, looking up at him from his chest. "we're great together."

"yeah," he smiles, rolling his lower lip between his teeth softly, before bringing his other hand up to cup anya's soft, rosy cheek. "anya rose?"

"hmm?" she hums, settling her cheek into shawns warm palm.

"can i kiss you?" he asks her gently, parting his lips slightly. anya nods her head, leaning up slightly, before shawn plants his lips onto her pink ones, kissing her ever so softly. anya moves her hand to rest over shawns chest, kissing him back with added force and passion, before they both pull away, anya settling back into his warm embrace.