chapter twenty-nine

[shawn mendes]
-

it seemed like a normal day to both anya and i. she had recently sold her new york apartment, so we were staying in the usual hotel we have in brooklyn, awaiting the wrath of andrew, which we knew was coming straight away. after all, anya and i both were seen leaving toronto together, arriving in new york, walking around brooklyn, and that sneaky little kiss they managed to find of us trying to hide in the lobby of the hotel.

and it was a normal day; the late september sun was hazy, leaking through the crystalline windows, lighting up the fairly large room. mornings were always pleasant. anya and i would both wake up and laze about, making a coffee or two, depending on how tired we felt, before laughing about anything, and talking about everything.

i loved mornings with her.

"can we go down for breakfast? i'm starving," anya whines playfully, kicking her legs over my lap, making me chuckle softly.

"yeah, come on," i answer, leaning forward, and pressing a gentle kiss against her lips, barely grazing them with mine.

"shawn?" she asks, as i get up from the bed, turning around and looking at her.

"yeah?"

"put a shirt on," she grins sheepishly, grazing her fingers over the sleeves of my black givenchy hoodie she's adopted as her own.

"i would have a shirt if you didn't steal my clothes all the time," i joke, reaching into my suitcase, and pulling out a white saint laurent, sliding it over my head, before seeing a faint flash of a camera. "are you taking a picture of me?"

"i had to," she blushes, putting her phone down. "the light was hitting you perfectly, and come on shawn, you're stunning."

"i love it when you say things like that," i say softly, a small smile toying on my lips. "it just makes me know that my girlfriend is attracted to me."

"i love when you call me your girlfriend," she says, imitating me slightly, before standing up, and pulling a pair of gym shorts on, followed by her trainers.

"why wouldn't i? you are my girlfriend, right?" i ask, holding one arm out, as she grins, walking straight into my embrace, as i wrap my arm around her shoulders, and she rests her head against my chest.

"yeah," she grins. "and i'm so happy that i am."

"you are?"

"definitely."

mornings were definitely my favourite part of the day.

"do you think andrews gonna yell at us?" anya asks me gently, whilst we take the fairly short walk to the elevator. i let out a sigh, holding her closer to my side, kissing the side of her forehead lightly.

"honestly, i have no idea. i think he's gonna be kinda mad, i mean, after all, i didn't exactly tell him you were coming, and honestly, i kind of sneaked you into the hotel," i grin, making her chuckle. "but i'm sure it'll be fine. he wanted us to stay together, it was only island who wanted to split us up."

"well they succeeded," she mutters, thinking i wouldn't hear. i frown sightly, looking away from her. "i mean-"

"no i get it, don't worry," i respond, removing the frown from my face. after all, she was right. they did split us up for a considerable amount of time - much more than we're used to. after all, we were practically together for every single second of every single day before they split us up, barre the month anya took off for her own mental health.