❃| KPOPJUNKEE: Why Jisoo never moved to Source Music

guess who's back and 100%!

Again, when I write these types of chapters, leave your opinion on whatever is written. I would love to discuss with you about it.

______

Okay, I've talked about why Park Jisoo isn't made for girl groups and why she wouldn't survive one but this time, I wanna talk about something you've all been asking.

We know after what happened with GLAM, a lot of the female trainees in Bighit, including In ha and Sinb from GFriend, left and/or transferred to Source Music.

As did the members of Queen of Hearts. The girl group that Jisoo was initially apart of and had been training with for about 4 to 5 months.

But why didn't Jisoo do the same?

After the sweep of female trainees from BigHit, Jisoo stood as the sole female trainee in BigHit. The Last Woman Standing.

Which fans at first felt both proud yet confused.

While training with BTS, it was later revealed that Jisoo was offered a choice. Actually, several choices.

One of which being that she could become a trainee at SM or an SM Rookie. Sm's plan was to have Jisoo train under them and have her debut with either Red Velvet or SNSD.

Source Music's CEO also offered Bang PD a chance to allow Jisoo to train under them and become a GFriend member.

Same with YG, Pledis and Starship.

But instead of making the choice himself, he asked her how she felt about this.

And we all can see that Jisoo refused.

But we know Hyunsik refused Source Musics offer before consulting with her.

Why?

Well, we know that Jisoo was a trainee heavyweight in BigHit. Good at Singing, dancing and dabbled in rapping too.

To let go of such a trainee like that would be seen as a stupid move, right?

I believe BTS and Jisoo would have been fine either way. Rather they debuted together or Jisoo actually debuted as a soloist. Both would be fine.

Jisoo would have been fine, we know that. But she would have been better with BTS.

Now I'm not saying she needs them or they need her. But look at their success.

The bigger platform they have now. And it's only getting bigger.

BTS became one of the first groups of this generation to break barriers and continue to shock everyone.

With the initial expectation of their flop, they broke those expectations and became one of the leaders of this generation.

And during that time, a lot of pressure was put on Jisoo. For not only being the only female member of a male dominated group but also being BigHits only female trainee.

Think about it.

Jisoo had weights on her shoulders even before entering BTS.

She was a sought after trainee by the Big 3. She was even talked about a lot by media and was building a small following at the tender age of 11.

Hence, the Heavyweight title.

And what did that do?

Give Bighit a bigger name.

They were known to be a small company. Often forgotten about at the time. Even going through bankruptcy before.

With all of that media coverage of her, Bighit quickly became the company with the most sought after trainee.

Giving them more attention and anticipation.

Is that the reason she didnt leave? I don't think so. But if it was, that was one of the smartest business moves from the company.

And things only progressed with the debut of BTS.

Within the hate they were receiving, they also received a lot of love. Especially for the gender roles they constantly break.

Same with EXO. Moonbyul is one of the symbols of gender breaking.

Jisoo, in a way, helped the popularity rise within the group.

Not only because each members were equally talented, but how BigHit handles every situation pertaining to her being the only female.

Jisoo could've been a a soloist in Starship or Pledis, or a member of BlackPink or Red Velvet or even GFriend.

But the fact that they took the risk and held onto their last female trainee shows they've had plans for her either way.

You can debate rather Jisoo should have been a soloist or in a girl group all you want.

But you can not deny the fact that Jisoo is one of the best things to happen to BigHit.

In fact, she's one of the 8 reasons BigHit is where it is now.

To have her is to have a crown.
No company would be idiotic enough to waste talent like that.

( *cough* SM *cough* rejecting *cough* Seokjin )

It goes back to what Yoongi once said during an interview back in 2014.

' In many ways, Jisoo is the heart and soul of BTS. She is our life line. One of the most important pieces of our puzzle.

Without her, we wouldn't be as successful as we are now and without any of us, this group wouldn't be whole.'

I, for one, am glad that Jisoo chose to not give up on BigHit.

And I'm glad that Hyunsik took that risk on her.

- a u t h o r s n o t e

what should the next topic be about? Comment what you want KPOPJUNKEE to talk about when it comes to Jisoo.

It can be from dating to something serious.

Don't forget to comment and vote

Love ya!