34

Summer Ray.

"Tray, I can't keep hiding this from my friends and parents." I said while sitting in his lap kissing his lips.

"Summer if you want to tell them go 'head. You probably told your mama already."

"I didn't tell her." I rolled my eyes. "I'll be back."

He looked at me and smiled.

"Where you think you going?" He licked his lips and walked over to me

"To lunch with my parents since you have to go to work in a little."

"Okay, give me a kiss before you go." I gave him a quick peck and tried walking away. "Stop playing with me man."

I gave him another kiss that was longer and more passionate. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. "You look beautiful."

I smiled a little and kissed him on his lips again

I smiled a little and kissed him on his lips again. "Thank you." I moved from by him and put my shoes on. "You coming over when you get off?"

"Yeah." He slipped on his shoes. "I don't want you with nothing on when I get there."

"Nigga please."

"Play with me if you want to."

"I'mma show you."

We walked out the house and kissed one last time before walking to our cars. "I love you." He said hopping into his car.

"I love you too."

I sat in my car looking for my earrings I left in there. Once I found them I headed to my mama house. Cursed by Vivian Green played lowly in the car as I song along.

I was excited to tell everybody about the good news. I know they might think different but I'm really excited. I never thought this day would come.

I pulled up to my parents house and blew the horn. My daddy opened the door and stuck his middle finger up at me. I laughed and got to the car.

"Dang daddy that's how you feel." I laughed hugging him.

"You blowing your horn like it's hoes that live in this house." He pushed me off him. "Only hoes run to blows."

"Where my mama at?"

"In the room."

"Ma you still getting ready?" I yelled walking to her room.

"This bitch always yelling." I heard her mumble. "No baby girl I'm just watching tv. I was waiting on you to come."

"I heard what you said." I rolled my eyes. "Let's go."

-

"So what's this news you got for us?" My daddy looked at me eating his burger.

"Well you know how I'm in a relationsh-"

"Don't tell me you pregnant." I looked at my daddy and ate a mozzarella stick.

"Summer."

"Yes."

"Are you pregnant?"

"I mean."

"Yes or fucking no."

I sighed and looked at my mom. "Don't look at me."

"Yes I am."

My daddy looked at me and shook his head. "Hard head gone make a soft ass." Was all he said before eating again.

"What you mean about that?"

"You gone learn."

"Congratulations baby I'm happy for you." My mom caressed my hand. "What's this?"

"I'm engaged."

"Wow

"Wow." My daddy chuckled and stood up. "I'm going to the restroom."

He walked away and I looked at my mom with watery eyes. "He's mad."

"I don't know baby this is just shocking for him. You're his only daughter and he might feel like he's going to lose you." I hugged my mama and silently cried in her chest.

"I'm sorry." I cried softly.

"It's nothing to be sorry about baby you're grown."