2.

Armani Bryant.

"Bruh, how da' fuck did you manage ta' total ya' car?" I laughed as I looked at the frown on his face.

"Man, I turned my head fa' one second and then I was going into the side of somebody house." He sighed and rubbed his face. "Dumb ass hoe."

"So you blamin' ha' fa' yo' car." I shook my head. "You should've been lookin' at the road and not at ha'."

"Jus' take me ta' my sista' house."

"Wea' she live?"

"Somewea' in Plantation. I'll just have ta' direct you."

"When you gettin' a car?"

"I'on know, I might have my sista' drop me off. What time you go ta' work?"

"I have ta' go in at eleven. I might call off."

"You got the easiest job in the world. All you do is sit on yo' ass."

"Dat's why I like working the graveyard shift."

"Make a left at the light and drive all the way ta' the stop sign. First house ta' ya' right."

I followed his direction and pulled up to a nice house. I seen so dark girl sittin' on the porch lookin' at the car as I pulled up.

"I holla' at you lata'."

"Alright man."

"'Preciate the ride too."

"No problem."

"Sunshine! Baby, what's up?" He yelled as he closed the door.

I seen the girl roll her eyes as he walked up. I pulled out the driveway and made my way to my parents house.

"Hey ma', wha'chu up in hea' cookin'?" I kissed ha' cheek and sat on the counter.

"Hey baby, I'm making some smothered chicken and mashed potatoes." She put a spoon ta' my mouth. "Taste this and tell me what it need."

She put the spoon in my mouth and I pulled it out. With the gravy on my tongue, I looked around the kitchen and back at her. "It needs a li'l salt."

"That's what I thought." She added some more salt and turned everything down. "You want me to fix you some for work."

"Yes please, 'cause I'on feel like cookin' when I get home." I hopped off the counter and walked to the back of the house. "Pops, wea' you at?"

One of the doors opened and I knew walked to the room. "Wha'chu want?" He was playing basketball on his game system.

"Jus checkin' in, but put me in." I grabbed the controlla'.

"Boy um' 'bout ta' beat yo' ass."

I chuckled and picked a team, "We'll see."

Thirty left seconds in the game, I was down by ten and he was holding the ball. "Didn't I tell you I was gone beat yo' ass."

"Man, whateva'. I got you next time, um' jus sleepy right na'."

"Well take ya' sleepy ass home."

"Um' goin'." I stood up. "I'll talk ta' you lata'."

"Alright, be safe." I nodded and walked out the room. Walkin' inta' the livin' room I seen my manage sittin' on the couch watchin' TV.

"Um' 'bout to head out ma'."

"Your food is in the microwave." I walked ta' the kitchen and grabbed my food. "Your brother said to call him, too."

"I will, I love you ma'."

"I love you too, baby." She kissed my cheek and held my face. "Be safe."

"I will." I kissed her forehead and walked outside. Gettin' settled in my car I made my way home.

Walkin' in the hospital I looked around ta' see if it many people. It wasn't. Puttin' my things up I walked ta' go clock in.

Afta' clockin' in, I made my way ta' my desk. I sat down and pulled out my phone.

"Bryant, why you always on your phone?" I looked up and seen my Co-worker Tamara looking at me from her desk.

"Why you always business?"

"Why you so rude?"

"Why you always worried 'bout me?"

"You need some pussy."

"And you need ta' change that wig."

"Fuck you, you no pussy getting ass nigga."

"Fuck you, you dry wig wearin' ass hoe."

"Bryant, James cut it."

"Whateva'." I put a headphone in and bobbed my head to my music.

"Excuse me?" I looked up and saw a lady standin' there.

"I.D." She slid me ha' I.D. and printed her picture. "Have a nice night Ms. Ray."

"Summer, call me Summer." She said.

"Alright, Ms. Summa'."

"Have a nice night.." She looked at my name tag. "Bryant."

"Mani, call me Mani." I mocked ha'.

She laughed and nodded. "Have a nice night Mani."

"You too Summa." She walked to the receptionist desk. I watched ha' as she talked ta' Tamara. Tamara looked at me rolled ha' eyes.

"Fuck you." Summa turned around and looked at me. "Tamara."

Summa laughed and turned around. The door opened and Dr. Brown walked in.

"Delivery?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He sighed. "I was sleeping so damn good when my phone started to ring. How many more years for this shit?"

"Many moe'." I laughed. I pushed the button and the doors opened and he walked away.

"Fuck." He whispered.

"Ma, why didn't daddy come with you?" Summa asked. "Have a nice night."

"You too." I bit my lip and licked my lips. I shook my head and grabbed the lady I.D. that was standin' in front of me.