24.

Summer Ray.

"I don't want to be with you put that on everything I own." I sung along to Avant song Separated.

I heard a knock on my front door that made me turn down my music. "Who is it?"

"Mani." I opened the door and seen him standing there looking fine as always.

"About time you came

"About time you came." I opened the door wider.

"'Um hea' ain't I."

"Don't get slick." I rolled my eyes. "Let me grab my purse."

"Hurry up. I'a be in the car."

"Be patient." I walked to my room and grabbed my purse and keys. "What else do I need?" I looked around my room.

I wasn't missing anything else out of my room so I grabbed my phone from the kitchen and made my way outside.

I locked my door and my way to his car. I got in his car and it was hot.

"Why do you got the heater on like it's cold out here?"

"My car right?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then." I tried to turn the are on but he slapped my hand.

"Come on Mani it is hot in here." He sighed and rolled down my window. "Thank you."

Now I fucked up and I'm missing you
Never be like you
I would give anything to change
This fickle minded heart that loves fake shiny things
Now I fucked up and I'm missing you
Never be like you

I'm only human can't you see
I ma-I made a mistake
Please just look me in my face
Tell me everything's okay
'Cause I got it
Oo ooh
Never be like you

"Let ha' sing."

"I'm not even singing loud. You just want me to talk to you or something."

"Nah."

"Stop bothering me then."

"I could do whateva' I want."

"That's what it is. You want me to talk to you."

"Shh."

"Don't shush me, what do you have to say?"

"Nothin' Summa'."

"Talk to me." I said lowly. I knew I was aggravating him but I knew he has something to say.

"Summa'."

"Mani."

"Alright." He sighed. "I miss you."

"But I'm with you right now."

"I mean us."

"Oh." I closed my mouth. I mean I miss him too but I'm not trying to get into nothing. I've been around him a lot more since he's always with Miracle.  "Mani you know I'm trying not to get into anything right now. I'm just focusing on myself and getting myself right because I could get into a relationship."

"I unda'stand." He nodded. "We hea'." He parked the car.

"Thank you." I grabbed my things and opened he door. "I'll see you later."

He nodded and waited for me to close the door. I walked into Sixt and waited in line.

-

"What happened to your car?" Frankie asked me.

"It's in the shop for a couple of days so I had to go get a rental."

"How you got there?"

"Armani." They all looked at me and I looked at them. "What?"

"Nothing."

"Ain't no nothing, why didn't call one of us?" Jahdiah asked.

"Because when I called yall, yall phone was going to voicemail. I called twice and my parents are out of town for the week."

"So why didn't you just use one of their cars?"

"They took my mama car and my daddy don't like nobody using his car. And he took the keys with him."

"He petty but fine."

"Ew."

"He ain't lying Summer. Yo' daddy is fine." Miracle added.

"Can yall not? That is still my daddy."

"Come with me Summer." Frankie said. I stood up and followed him by the bathrooms. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, why you ask?"

"You seem a little off that's all." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders. "What's going on?"

"It's Armani, he saying that he misses us and shit. I trying to focus on mebut with him being around a lot got me confused."

"Just go with your heart. If you feel like that you want to be with him just take it slow. Don't try to rush into nothing. Like fucking."

"Don't."

"You ain't no Bryson." We laughed. "But for real though do what makes you happy and fuck what everybody else has to say about it. Because at the end of the day you are grown, you pay your own bills, and he's going to be laid up with you and nobody else."

"I'll think about it."

"Do that now let's get back to these bitches."