27.

Summer Ray.

Ever since the potluck we had for Thanksgiving, I haven't talked to no one. I didn't have an emergency I just needed a way out.

Being around Armani just bring back everything we started from. I'm not saying that because he have someone but every time I'm around him.

When he told me that he had a girlfriend I was happy but bummed at the same time. I was happy that he had someone that makes him happy but bummed because he could've gave me more time.

I wasn't making him wait forever but I didn't want to jump into something with him and he turn around do the same thing. We have to build a relationship.

"You could go sit under the dryer and I'll bring your things over." I said to my client. I grabbed her phone and purse and sat it next to her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." I walked back to my station and cleaned it up. I was doing walk-ins because I didn't have any many appointments today.

I pulled out my phone and it started to ring. It was McDonald's and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Summer it's Jahdiah."

"What's up?"

"Can you come pick me up from the by the turnpike?"

"Why are you all the way in Pompano?"

"Long story?"

"I'm on my way."

"Alright."

I hung up and grabbed my things. It was close to my lunch break so it didn't mess up my schedule. I got into my car and headed to get Jahdiah. 

-

Pulling up to McDonald's, I seen him sitting by the window eating some ice. I blew the horn and waved when he looked.

"What happened?" I asked as he got into the car.

"So after you left or whatever we stayed at the table and finished dinner. We went in the living room and started talking. Jourdan was throwing so many shots at me so I asked her do she have a problem. She didn't say nothing so I finished my conversation. She walked pass me and poured champagne on my like it was an accident. I backhanded that bitch. She called the police and I got arrested. They shipped me to the main jail and I got let out today. I got to go to court on the fourteenth."

"Wow." Was on only thing that came out my mouth.

"It was so much power in that hit. I had flashbacks to what she did."

"What did she do?"

"In before I went to Nova I was at UM. Jourdan was friends and we went to this party. We were having a good time and he was taking shots back to back. The next morning I wake up I was in the house still with my pants and boxers around my ankles. My body was in so much pain and I really could move but I had to. My phone was still in my pocket and I seen that I had some missed calls and messages. I looked at the messages and they were all about this video of me. I looked at the video and it was of me getting raped and Jourdan was standing right there smiling and laughing. She was planning that all along and it hurt so bad because she was like the only person I could talk to." I pulled over to the gas station and gave him some napkins.

I pulled him into a hug as he cried on my shoulder. I never seem him like this. He's always the loud one and always putting a smile on somebody face. To see him like this was weird.

"Summer it hurt so bad." He cried out.

"Everything will be okay Jahdiah. No one can hurt you now." I rubbed his back. I pulled away and cleaned his face. "Do you want to go home or go to my house?"

"I'll go to your house. I don't need this nigga asking questions I'm not ready to answer."

"You'll be okay by yourself until I get off?"

"Yeah."

After dropping Jahdiah off to my house I went back to work and waited for my next client. As smile could always have something behind it.

He smile so much but got so much baggage. He is not an easy person to crack open. I would suggest talking to a therapist but they don't always help.

-

After getting off I went to Pollo Tropical and got us something to eat. Walking into the house I seen him sitting on the couch watching TV.

I gave him his food and sat next on the other couch. "You feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks for the food and letting me stay over here."

"It's nothing, where are you things?"

"Miracle house." I nodded and focused on the TV. We were watching Flirting with Forty on LMN.

This should be good.