26.

Summer Ray.

"I didn't hear from Mani in a while." Miracle said dipping her fry in some barbeque sauce. "You talked to him."

"Yeah."

"And?"

"He been dealing with some girl."

"Oh." She looked around. "Who is the girl?"

"I don't know but he said he's bringing her to the potluck."

"What potluck? Not ours."

"That's what he said.

"I need to call him." She looked through her purse. "This was suppose to be for us."

"Miracle he could bring a date, don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Act like he can't bring anybody."

"He can but why is this last minute. What if it wasn't enough room?"

"Okay, I get what you are saying."

"He know he is going to hear my mouth."

-

"You were suppose to bake the pies not buy them from the store Frankie."

"I was so busy yesterday. I didn't have a chance to buy the stuff."

"Whatever you lazy ass bitch."

"Where is Jahdiah?" Frankie asked.

"He is on his way. He stayed at his parents house last night." It was a knock on the door and we stopped talking. "Miracle it's your house."

"Soooooo."

I shook my head and got up. I walked to the door and looked out the window. I seen Armani with a girl standing at the door talking. I opened the door and smiled.

 I opened the door and smiled

"Hey."

"What's up Summa'?"

"Nothing much." I looked at the girl and smiled. "Hey I'm Summer."

"Jourdan."

"Oh, Miracle and Frankie are in the kitchen and we are waiting on a few people."

"'Ight."

Armani Bryant.

Afta' introducin' Jourdan to everybody Miracle wanted ta' talk ta' me 'bout somethin'.

"Really Mani? Are you serious?"

"What?"

"You really bringing another chick here and you know you and Summer situation."

"Miracle I can't wait on Summa' fa'eva. She isn't ready ta' be in a relationship. When I wasn't ready she moved on so why can't I. She knew I was bringin' Jourdan so, why do you have a problem?"

"Because this is my fucking house and you just inviting somebody here without me knowing. You could have at least told me."

"So, why you made it about Summa'?"

"Because that is my friend and I know the situation between y'all."

"It's nothin' is between us we jus' friends."

"Mm okay Armani." She side eyed me and walked out. I shook my head a walked out the room.

When I walked into the living room I seen Frankie talkin' ta' Jourdan and Jahdiah staring. I laughed and took a seat next ta' Jourdan.

"... So don't worry about what these bitches have to say and when I say bitches I'm talking about the bitch watching right here."

"Fuck you Frankie because I don't like her and she know why I don't fucking like her."

"Jay that was years ago."

"Don't call me that. You did what you did but I will not forgive you."

"What did she do?" I kept lookin' wonderin' what she did.

"I don't want to talk about it." Jahdiah left the livin' room and Frankie got up behind him.

"How you feelin'?"

"Besides the was Jahdiah talked to me, good. Your friends seem nice though."

"You are jus' meetin' them but they get intrestin'."

"Interesting how?"

"If you are 'round long enough you'll see."

-

At the table everybody was havin' their own conversation. I looked 'round the table and Summa' had ha' head in ha' phone.

The look on ha' face showed that it was somethin' serious. Jourdan tapped me and I looked at her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why you ask?"

"You was just zoned out for a minute."

"Nah I was jus' thinkin'."

"Think about what?"

"What my mama will do ta' me when I leave hea'." I laughed a little. She chuckled and turned 'round ta' talk ta' Frankie and Miracle sister, Stacey.

"I have to get going, I have an emergency." Summa' announced standin' up.

"What's going in?" Jahdiah asked.

"Just some family issues." She picked up her plate. "I'll talk to you guys later and it was nice meeting you Jourdan."

"Same to you Sarai."

"Bitch you know her name Summer." Summa' ignored it and left out the dinin' room. "I can't deal."

"Just let's continue eating and have a nice night. Y'all cannot fuck up my house."

"Yeah let's continue eating in silence."

"Silence my ass!" Frankie said. "I'm talking and Jahdiah ignore her. Whatever she did can't be that bad."

"You just don't know what the hoe did."