21.

Summer Ray.

"Who the fuck you grabbing like that?" I pushed him off me. "I told you I don't want to talk to you. Just leave me the fuck alone man."

I grabbed my things and walked out the front door. Knowing Frankie and Miracle set this up made me mad.

I started to walk home and it started to drizzle. I sighed and went into Taco Bell. I ordered something to eat and called a cab.

My phone started to ring and it was Frankie. I ignored his call and looked out the window.

When the cab came I went to my parents house because I needed to talk to my mother.

"Ma' where you at?" I yelled walking in the house. I walked in the kitchen and seen her sitting outside. "Hey ma'."

"Hey baby." She kissed my cheek. "What's wrong?" I sighed and laid my head on her chest.

"Mommy am I wrong for not talking to Armani?"

"No, he had his mind set on what he wanted and that's what he got He should've told you what was up when he started talking. You have to learn that boys in their twenties aren't ready to settle down. They just started living their life. I'm not saying all but it's a few that are ready to but majority aren't. I know that you are ready to settle down but just have some time to yourself and focus on you. Is you get serious with Daniel that's good but don't rush it."

"I haven't been talking to Daniel like that. But I'll go talk to him and see what he has to say."

"Just talk?"

"Yes just talk, nothing else."

"I hope. Don't just fall info his arms because he said something that you want to hear."

"I'm not. Just like you said focus on me and that is what I'm going to do."

"Alright, I'm trusting you."

"I know ma'." I laughed. "Lets go get something to eat."

"Go grab my pocketbook." I handed her my keys and went to get her purse.

"Where yall going?" My daddy looked at me.

"To get something to eat."

"Make sure yo' mama bring me something to eat."

"I'll let her know."

"Seriously."

"Okay daddy."

"Who you catching an attitude with?"

I roller my eyes and walked out the room. I looked back at the room and smiled.

I walked to the car and got in. "Where do you want to eat?"

"I want to go to Denny's. I been craving some waffles."

-

"Summer we were just suppose to get something to eat."

"I know ma' but I want to see that they got."

"Why you can't do this on your own time?"

"Because I want to do it with you."

"You better not take all day because I need to lay down. I am tired."

"That's why you getting date now. All you want to do is eat then go to sleep."

"I am grown and married."

"Yeah, yeah. Daddy gone have you in the gym with him real soon."

"Shid. These are cute. She picked up some shoes as we walked around Traffic.

"Get them, I'll pay for it."

After getting some shoes we walked of the store into another.

"For a person who didn't want to be here surely got a lot of bags."

"Shut up. You know how I get when it comes to shopping."

"Yeah and daddy gone be mad. "Why you buying all this unnecessary shit man. You don't even need it. You want it because you see it. Ol' big eye ass."" I copied my daddy voice.

"He better not say nothing to me. He just went out and bought some three hundred dollar shoes."

"You act like that's his first time."

"All the other times he went out and got them with me knowing. He had to sneak out and get them."

"Let daddy be great."

"Fuck him." I laughed and made my way to my car.

"I bet you won't tell him that."

"You know I will."

"Okay ma'." I side eyed her.

-

"Terry you better eat this food or you'll be hungry."

"I'll go get my own food. You know I don't eat tomatoes."

"Take them off."

"Them marinated on the burger already."

"Fuck you Terry. Bye."

"Give me a kiss baby." He moved by her and she laughed.

"Yo' breath smell like you got a lot on yo' mind."

I started laughing so hard and my daddy mushed my mama. He grabbed his bag and went to the kitchen.

Merry Christmas 🎅🎄🎁