5.

Summer Ray.

"I told you I wasn't going to make it to lunch." I said as Mani walked into the salon.

"I kno' but I decided to bring you lunch anyway." He smiled sitting next to me.

"Aw, thanks." I smiled back at him. "Nina, you could go to the first chair. Shanna will do your feet."

"Okay."

"What did you bring?"

"I went ta' Dutch Pot and got you some Brown Stew Chicken, Peas and Rice, and Slaw."

"Thanks. What are you doing tonight?"

"Nothin', my brotha' might bring his daughta', but otha' then that nothin', why?"

"Just asking."

"Since we couldn't do lunch, how 'bout dinna'?"

"I'm up for it." I nodded. "When?"

"Come ta' my place ta'night and I'll make you somethin' ta eat. We could watch a movie too."

"I hope you not gone try to kill me or some shit if I do go."

"You was jus' 'bout to go to lunch with me."

"Yeah, but we would've been in public."

"True, but I ain't gone try nothin'."

"Mhm, I'll come. Just send me your address and I'll be there when I get off."

"Alright, Um' 'bout to get goin', I got ta' go meet my brotha'."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

"I'll see you lata' beautiful." He kissed my cheek and walked out.

"I didn't want to say nothing but Summer got a boyfriend." Shanna said laughing.

"He is not my boyfriend."

"What is he then?"

"He's a friend."

"And, how did you meet this friend?" I rolled my eyes and closed up my food.

"I met him at his job."

"Where does he work?"

"Why are you interrogating like you my parents or something?"

"I can't have you with no drug dealer or some shit. I need you with somebody with a nine to five at least."

"Well he do have a nine to five."

"Okay. I thought you walked outside and some dude wanted to talk to you. He could go for a drug dealer."

"Anybody could me a drug dealer Shan."

"I know but he screams bad news."

"Okay Shan, just drop it."

My next client was brought to be as I thought about what she said. She was always judgmental and I hated it.

She's always trying to down somebody like she has the best relationship. I took a deep breath wishing this day would go by faster.

It was finally time for me to go home and I was relieved. I grabbed my things and said my goodbyes.

I got in my car and leg time Ac blow. It was hot outside even at night. I scrolled through my messes with Mani and looked for his address.

After finding his address I put it in my GPS and headed down the road.

"Wea' you at?"

"I'm outside."