4.

Armani Bryant.

I was told the true definition of a man was to never cry
Work till you tired (yeah) got to provide (yeah)
Always be the rock for my fam, protect them by all means

I sung lowly to Teach Me by Musiq Soulchild. I finish cleaning my room, my mother decided to decorate.

My phone started to ring and it was my ex-fiancée, Sasha

"What'chu callin' me foe?"

"Hello to you too."

"Man, fuck you want."

"I need some money."

"Um not fuckin' you."

"Don't be so cold. I just need a couples dollars until I get paid."

"Um not bein' col', you got a nigga layin' in yo' shit right nie and he still ain't helpin' you. Stop bein' a dumb bitch and make dat' nigga pay somthin'. If not kick his bum ass out. Don't call my phone no more 'bout some fuckin' money." I hung up and threw my phone on my bed.

I knew betta' ta' call a woman out dey' name but dey' jus' be pushin' my buttons. Dis' is the most in my life I eva' called a woman out ha' name.

If my mama heard me talkin' like dis' she'll beat me in fuckin' mouth. I heard a knock on my doe' and I got up off my bed.

Knowin' it's my brotha', James, I opened the doe' and let him in.

"Wassup nigga?" He said while closing the doe' behind him.

"Shit, jus' got done cleanin', what'chu wanna talk 'bout?"

"This damn fiancée."

"Ex-fiancée." I cut him off.

"Okay, ex-fiancée. This bitch is driving me crazy."

"Wha' happened?"

"Hol' up mama calling?" He laughed. "Hello?"

"No ma'am." He rolled his eyes then hung.

"Wha' she hollerin' 'bout?" I asked.

"Ya' same ol' same ol'. Come with me to take this girl to get her nails done."

"Alright, let me grab my phone." I walked in my room and heard my phone ringin'.

I seen it was my motha' callin'.

"Hey, ma."

"Are you with your brother?"

"Yeah."

"Tell him I'm going to beat his ass when I see him."

"Wha' happened?"

"He hung up."

"Nah, his phone jus' did have a signal."

"Didn't have a signal my ass. You better watch it young man or you'll be next. Bye." She hung up in my face while I laughed.

"James, ma gone whoop yo' ass."

"Yeah I know."

Walkin into the nail shop with James and his girlfriend I heard somebody talking.

"I mean a nigga will say some shit during sex that he don't mean." One lady said.

"You're right because a man will feed you everything you want to hear and meet his family and still do you wrong. Just because he say he love you during sex don't mean a damn thing unless you know he really mean it." I heard a familia' voice. I looked around and seen Summa'.

"So how will you know if it's real?"

"You'll know it's real before you even have sex with him. Its like you always missing him when he's bit around, love being under him whiles he is around, and everything just flows. He'll get on your nerves worse than your mother but you still stick around."

The other lady nodded and turned her head. I seen dat' Summa' chair was open, so I walked ova' and sat down.

"Well hello Ms. Summa'." I smiled.

"Hey Mani, what are you doing here?"

"Just hea' wit' my brotha' and his girlfriend."

"Want your nails done?" She smiled and grabbed my hands.

"Nah I ratha' talk."

"We could do both."

"I see you over there Sunshine." Some chick said.

"Fuck you Shanna."

"Let me take you out ta' lunch."

"I already went to lunch."

"Wait wha' is dat'?"

"It's just a drill." She laughed. "It's nothing that will hurt you."

"Okay, when can I take you out?"

"When is it a good time for you?"

"Wheneva' I'on got shit else to do." I laughed.

She laughed along wit' me and nodded. "I know what you mean but we could go out lunch tomorrow."

"Wea' you want ta' go?"

"It don't matter, just know that I will be eating."

"I hope 'cause I'on pay for jus' a salad."

"I might get a salad to start off with but other than that I'm feasting."

"I'll be lookin' forward ta' it." I smiled as she massaged my hands. "Wha' is ya' numba'?"

"What?"

"Ya' numba'."

"I know you can ask better than that."

"May I have yo' numba' Summa'?"

"Yeah, your phone." I pulled out my phone and handed it to ha'. She typed away and handed it back ta' me. "My client is here, you could sit right here."

I stood up and sat next to ha'. "Hey Summer."

"Hey Casey."

"Aye, Mani lets go." James said.

"Summa' I'm 'bout head out, I'll tex' you lata'."

"Alright, have a nice day."

"You too love."