23.

Summer Ray.

"Why are you at my house?" I looked at Josh standing at the door. "You gone talk or just stare?"

"I can't come over now."

"I haven't talked to you in almost a week and then come to my house unannounced at ten thirty at night."

"I'm sorry, I've been busy."

"You didn't have the time to pick up your phone and say something?"

"Come on Fats, the phone works both ways."

"I know the phone do. I called you many times and you didn't answer. I know when I'm not wanted and that's the vibe I'm getting from you. I'm not trying to rush into nothing anyways. So I think it's best for you to leave."

"Really Summer?"

"Dead serious. Have a nice life." I gave him a small smile and closed the door.

Ending things with right now was the best thing I could do because dealing with him and him going missing will cause to much stress on me.

Him going missing had me thinking he had a whole 'nother life he was trying to hide. Choose me or lose me. I'm not a back up plan and definitely not a second choice.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. Him disappearing showed me what I'll be dealing with if I'll deal with him.

Being alone for a while is my best option for me right now. Working on myself and focusing on my career is my number one priority.

I looked down at my phone and seen that I had three messages. I looked at the time and back at the messages.

DiamondPrincess 👑💎 10:55 p.m.- Nobody can predict the future. You just have to give your all to the relationship you're in and do your best to take care of your partner, communicate and give them every last drop of love you have. I think one of the most important things in a relationship is caring for your significant other through good times and bad.

Frankieeee 😍😝 10:59 p.m.- Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.

Miracle 💕💡 11:00 p.m.- Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.

I read he messages over and sent a group message.

Lunch tomorrow at Ale's House. I really need to vent 😫😭 -11:10 p.m.

I put my phone on the charger and sat it on the nightstand. I looked through the guide on TV and seen Leave it to Stevie was on.

I laughed hard watching Stevie on his date and how she was acting. I knew I was going I have a long day tomorrow so I knew I need to get one sleep.

-

I walked to the back of the shop to get some more cotton balls, setting up my station, waiting on my next client.

"I don't talk to her no more because she feel as if she is the sexiest thing walking. She think she could have any nigga but I took hers." I shook my head and chuckled. "Fucked him and all. She can't be that good if he came running to me."

I walked back to the front and sat down. I looked at her and she was doing this lady nails. The lady kept side eying me and I stared at her. "Please continue what you were saying. I would love to hear the ending."

"Don't start Summer!"

"I'm gone finish it Shanna! Don't fucking play with me! I will smack yo' ass in this shop in front of all these people! Stop talking about that shit! You know it's a lie! You a hoe and always will be one!" I stood up and walked outside.

I walked to my car and grabbed a Blank N' Mild. It is a habit that I picked up from Frankie. I looked down at my phone and seen a link Jahdiah sent me.

I clicked on the link and a video popped up.

I wanted to be mad but this video had me crying. I put out my Black N' Mild and put it back in my car.

As I was closing the car door I heard somebody yell my name. I turned around and seen Armani walking with his niece.

"Summa'."

"Hey." I looked down at his niece and she was just looking around at everything.

"You been smokin'?"

"I smell like smoke?" He nodded and I went back in my car and sprayed some perfume. "What are you doing over here?"

"Takin' her shoppin' and ta' get some ice cream." He picked her up because she started to whine. "You look upset."

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned against my car. "Just got a lot going on right now."

"Do you want ta' talk 'bout it?"

"I'm okay but thanks though. I got to get king but it was nice seeing yall."

"Same." He nodded and walk away. I walked back in the salon and sat at my seat peeping for my client that was walking through the door.

Excuse any mistakes.