Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

"He was loud enough!" Mar responded, not answering my question at all. Nate and I shared a look, the blond raising him eyebrows in a manner that said 'You have the power! Read their minds!'

Nodding once to let him know I understood, I turned my attention back to our laughing friends.

Unlike when I read Roy's mind two years ago, this was easy; just like when I was a child. In seconds, the words Bulla and Mar were trying to say but couldn't became clear. Along with it came the memory. That was new.

In it, I saw Bulla and Marron in their car. They were clearly laughing, their hair flying all over the place. But what surprised me the most was the sound.

I could hear the screams of the people on the ride. I could hear Mar and Bulla laughing and having a good time. But most importantly, I could hear what they were trying yo tell me.

Mu brother's shouts could be heard over everyone else's, his words able to be made out plain as day.

"Who's idea was this?! How is this safe?! Get me off this crazy thing!"

The memory collapsed around me as I burst out laughing. I could feel Nate's eyes on me, confused. He had asked me for answers, and I had gotten them. I just hadn't shared with him yet.

"Speak of the devil!" Bulla said. I looked up to see Trunks and Goten make their way over to us. A huge grin broke out on my face.

"Not a word," the latter mumbled. We abided by his wishes; but that didn't stop us from laughing.

"Yeah, hi. Guy who doesn't know what the hell is going on over here," Nate stated, crossing his arms.

"Lets just say Goten won't be riding the Zipper again anytime soon," Trunks replied, grinning like the rest of us.

Though he still looked confused, Nate let it go - for now.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, what next?" Mar inquired. Four of us spoke at one time.

"Tilt-a-Whirl!" Goten exclaimed.

"The Sizzler!" I insisted.

"The Pirate Ship'" Bulla offered.

"Bumper Cars!" Nate stated. Trunks and Mar chuckled.

"Looks like we have a full night ahead of us," my blond friend said. I grinned.

Indeed we did.

It seemed that the later it got, the more fun we had. The six of us stayed together most of the night, only separating a few times when we all wanted different rides. Gaea and Uub were all over the place, sometimes with us, sometimes by themselves. But it didn't matter; we were having way too much fun to care.

Nate and Goten had just won prizes for their girlfriends when Trunks came jogging back over to us from the bathroom.

"Guys, I just heard that there's going to be fireworks in like five minutes." He was grinning like a fool. I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Fireworks? Really? That's new," Nate said.

"Who cares?! We're getting fireworks and it's not even the Fourth yet!" Bulla said excitedly. Goten chuckled.

"We should get on the Ferris Wheel again!" Mar said. "That way we'll see them better!"

"We'd better hurry. We're probably not the only ones who had that idea," I pointed out. It was true. Even though the line wasn't long yet, I could tell people were heading there.

"Well lets get a move in then!" my boyfriend said, taking my hand and walking fastly towards the ride. I laughed. I don't think I've ever seen him this excited before.