DuckTales: Operation Lost Souls: Chapter 2: Missing Pieces

...Present Time, Louie's Story...

"Thank you Fenice," Louie said accepting a plate of waffles a fire colored bird handed him. She nodded her head with a smile plastered on her face. She pulled a chair out and sat down cross legged. She curled her hands and flipped them over, gesturing for Louie to talk. "You're very kind to take me in." Louie said trying to get used to the awkward silence Fenice presented. He looked out the window, lush green trees surrounded the little cottage. A crystal blue water fall could be heard nearby, rythmaeticay pouring into the river. "Are you mute or do you just chose not to talk?" Louie said looking turning towards Fenice, looking around nervously. He was used to occasional explosions, shouting, and banging, this was a weird kind of silence for him. Fenice tilted her head, rolling her dark red eyes. She held up two fingers and nodded. "So you chose not to talk," Louie said trying to figure out this strange bird. She nodded her head once again, she reached for a plate of bacon and served herself. "Where are your parents?"

Fenice looked down at her claws and twiddled her thumbs. She looked back at Louie and made her thumb slice her neck type of gesture. She then pinched her fingers leaving a small gap.

"They died when you were small?" Fenice nodded her head. "Oh, I'm sorry." Fenice waved her hand in a dismissive way. She wrapped her hands around her coffee mug and pulled it close. Avoiding eye contact with Louie. She looked and pulled her hands away from herself towards Louie, signaling him as if saying 'what about you'.

"Long story," Louie said chuckling looking at the shag beige carpet. Fenice gestured for him to continue. Louie took a deep breath and began.

"Mom died when she was shot up into space by my rich uncles rocket. Orphaning my brothers and myself. My other uncle took us in. Eventually we meet up with my rich uncle, turns out he is a adventurer. Went on adventures, then a evil sorceress possessed my rich uncle, family torn apart. Then everyone I knew and loved were trapped in their worst nightmare. My so called brothers and a friend and I went into their minds and freedom them. By this time they're probably singing 'com bi ya'."Louie said bitterly. His brows furrowed, his lips turned into a snarl. "They never spend time with me, they don't listen to my ideas when I have them, they all have their strengths, I have nothing. Just as my brother said, I'm useless and selfish." Louie said trying to bite back tears. "They are all better off without me. I was only holding them back. I felt like I was being ignored, that they didn't value my opinion. That I was useless, selfish, unimportant, stupid, cowardly... that I was a burden on them. That I was a mistake my mom had, that-" Louie was surprised when Fenice suddenly put her index finger on his beak, silencing him. Louie was taken aback by this gesture. She pulled back and shook her head furiously. As if saying 'that's not true.'

"You haven't seen them. You should have seen the red ones reaction. He didn't trust me enough to know that I would never betray them. The resentment, the anger, the furry." Louie said trying to calm himself down. Fenice suddenly got up from the table and walked to a cabinet. Louie looked down, he was alone with his thoughts, not even Fenice wanted to be with him. The fire colored bird suddenly came back with a wire and a box of beads. She sat the objects on the table and opened the box. She tied one end of the string into a knot. She dug in the box of beads and pulled out 6 beads. A black and red one was slid on, then a light blue, a pink and purple bead, a black and white bead, a red bead, and then a green bead. Fenice tied a knot at the end, leaving space to slide the beads. She then repeated the actions making another bracket. She took a piece of paper from under the table. She took out a red marker and drew a heart, she then took one of the beaded wires, pulled a green bead to the other side. She snapped it separating the green bead from the rest. She then took the paper and ripped it in half, splitting the heart image in half. She then wrote 'or' on that paper and took the other bracelet, sliding the green bead close to the others, tying a knot at the end of the green bead. She placed it inside of another heart drawing. She looked up at Louie. Tears were in his eyes. For a person who chooses not to speak, her words are worth a million. She then took the full heart image and flipped the paper upside down.