Chapter 1 - Cry Me A River

Hi Guys! Here's the first chapter to Here's To Happily Ever After. I hope you enjoy it! I'm really sorry if it's short. It's my first fanfic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I hate living here! You treat me like I’m 2 years-old!” I screamed, avoiding the shoe my mother threw at me from the kitchen.

“If you don’t like it here then get out! When you find someone to live with come back and get the rest of your shit!” my mom retorted.

“Fine!’ I said, as I started putting clothes into a suitcase.

I threw all the clothes I could fit into my suitcase. Then found a backpack and threw my laptop and its charger, my books for school, and my phone charger into it. As I was shutting my bags I could hear my parents arguing in Spanish. They were arguing over me. My dad felt that my mom was being completely unfair. He wanted her to apologize and tell me that I wasn’t allowed to leave. I am not staying where I am not welcome. I kept myself together, grabbed my phone and a sweatshirt, and flung the front door open and left.  

As soon as I got on the sidewalk, I started to cry. I need to call Zayn. I dialed his number as tears streamed down my face. He answered, “Hey, babe. Louis is coming in an hour to pick you up for the concert. What’s up?”

I couldn’t stop crying. I was gasping for air in between each word, “I… got… kicked… out… please… come… get… me…”

“Wait! What are you talking about? You got kicked out? Where are you?” he asked.

“I’m… almost… at school,” I whimpered. I pulled on my dark curly hair, waiting for my boyfriend to say something to me.

Zayn went silent for a minute. I could hear him talking to someone in the background. He finally said, “Lily, I’m leaving right now. Don’t move.”

I sat down on a bench in front of my school. The sun was setting so it was getting cooler. I put my suitcase and backpack down and put on the sweatshirt Zayn bought me in Australia. It still smelled like him. I smiled at the memory that this sweatshirt had and then I wiped the tears off my face and called my best friend, May. She answered the phone immediately, “Zayn already called me. What happened?”

I tried to keep calm as I spoke to her. “My mom and I got into a fight. I asked if I could skip physical therapy to go to the concert tonight because it’s mine and Zayn’s anniversary and she went mental.” I continued to wipe my tears with my sweatshirt sleeve. “She started throwing things at me because I said it’s not like I’m going to go out partying and have sex with him all night. I’m not like you’re other daughter. I’m not going to get pregnant at seventeen. I just want to go to the concert and have a nice night with my boyfriend. Then she told me he was only dating me because I’m a whore and Simon is probably paying him to date me so the boys will gain more fans.”

There was silence on the other end.

“May? Are you there?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. I was just absorbing all of that. Harry is coming to get me and Liz and we are going to meet you and Zayn at their hotel. Okay? Are you going to be okay until Zayn gets to the school?” she asked me that question three times before I answered her.

“He’s here.” I replied as I ended the call.

Zayn pulled up in Liam’s car. He ran out of the car and hugged me. I hugged him back and just let myself cry. After a few minutes, he placed my bags in the trunk and helped me into the car. After he kissed my forehead, he said, “Don’t worry babe. I’ll keep you safe.” And we pulled out onto the road

.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen when Zayn and Lily arrive at the hotel? Will the concert get canceled? Will Lily have to go home? Find out in chapter two!  

Let me know what you think of my story so far! Comment below or tweet me at @angela_elisabet