chapter thirty-two

Start from the beginning

"no shawn, don't say that, you know for a fact that you're her world. you're her everything, she cares so much about you, and she knows how lucky she is to have you," aaliyah urges. "don't be insecure, she won't leave you."

"i'm holding her back," i admit, the lump growing at my throat. "do you know how much she's given up just to be with me? do you even know how much pain i've caused her?"

"why is she still with you? why hasn't she left yet?" aaliyah questions me. "she loves you, shawn. she's not gonna leave anytime soon."

"i'm such a horrible person," i mutter, letting a tear roll down my cheek. "i've got to go, liyah. it's late, and i'm exhausted. i'll see you soon, okay?"

"only a few days," she says. "love you."

"love you more, tell mum and dad i say hi," i tell her, wiping my eyes quickly. "see you in a few days."

"bye shawn, feel better soon."

i hang up with a sigh, opening the door to the main room again, and walking back in, placing my phone back down on the night stand, looking down at the bed, and seeing anya half enveloped over my side of the bed. i stifle a small laugh, before easing her away slightly, and getting back into the bed, lying on my back and letting a sigh tumble from my lips.

this was going to be a long night.
-
the next morning, i woke up before anya, so i decided to head down to one of the restaurants to get breakfast in bed for her, since i do feel guilty and i want to make things up with her.

i get a plate full of exotic fruits, and a poached egg on avocado toast for anya, and a smoothie bowl with some toast for myself, before taking the plates back to the villa, walking inside and not hearing a single noise. i walk to the room, seeing anya still asleep under the white sheets.

she must be exhausted.

i place the plates delicately on the dresser in the room, before leaning onto the bed and shaking anya gently.

"hey hun, wake up, i got you breakfast," i say softly, rubbing my fingertips over her shoulder, as she shuffles, her eyes fluttering open, and a gentle whine leaving her lips.

"what time is it?" she groans, making me chuckle softly.

"nine, come on hunny, wake up," i grin, as she lets a small smile settle over her lips, before she looks up at me, letting a sigh tumble from her lips.

"morning," she yawns, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "you got breakfast?"

"yeah, i woke up at around half seven," i explain, standing up and getting the two plates for anya, placing them on the bed in front of her.

"thank you, you're so sweet," she sighs, nestling her head on my shoulder, whilst i lean back on the headboard, putting my plates in front of me. "mmm this is better than the avocado toast you make," she grins, pecking at her breakfast.

"hey, i make a mean avocado toast," she chuckles lightly, holding up the toast to me, motioning for me to take a bite. i do so, and let the taste fill my mouth, before shrugging. "i still make a mean avocado toast."

"you're just jealous," she smiles, shutting her eyes and enjoying her breakfast, still probably physically tired from the situation between us. "can we just hang at the beach today?"

"anything you want, gorgeous. you call it, we'll do it," i say, running my hand through her hair, humming softly.

"can we get wine drunk too?" she grins, looking up at me. i chuckle, nodding, pressing my lips gently to her forehead.