Chapter 40

"You can't hide in there forever. Get out you dumdum." Shane yells through the bathroom door.

"I just got in, give me some time!" I shout back.

"We're all dying of suspense, you get out here this instant young lady. We need the details. You are depriving us of first hand information. They're playing guessing games about the two of you downstairs and since I know most answers they kicked me out. Apparently I'm no fun." He whines.

"Awww, you poor thing. I shouldn't have told you anything so that you could have played the game."

"Exactly." He answers back, a few seconds later it dawns on him. "Wait no, I'm your best friend I obviously should know everything before anyone else. Don't take away my rights."

"Can I take a bath in peace? Kay, thanks. Go sit silently on my bed. I'll be out in twenty."

Shane huff's and goes away from the washroom door. What a relief. I was contemplating on staying in here for the rest of my life, but I can't do without the food. Sigh. I finish bathing and walk out.

"Woah! Umm why are you prancing around in a towel?" Ashton asked looking shocked.

"Because, this is my room and I wasn't expecting company." I shrug as I open my closet.

"Shane was just here!" He says throwing his hands up in the air.

"Shane isn't company, Shane is a part of this room, he is an extension of the room. He is an extension of my life. Hence, him being here or not doesn't really make a difference." I answer picking out a pair of leggings and a tee. Comfortable is the way to go.

"I'm not even going to try and argue with that."

I turn to him and quirk an eyebrow and wave my hand at him and then towards me, indicating that I can't change with him looking at me. He clears his throat and turns and sits, facing the opposite direction. I remove my towel and put on my clothes, a simple task.

I then ask him why he was here in my room, as I brush my hair and out it into a bunch.

"I just wanted to talk to you about the whole thing with you and Ryan."

"Oh, that. Didn't we talk about that already?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, I still stand by being happy for you and always being here for you." He says.

I look at him, not really believing that that's all he had to say. “And?” I continue for him.

“Well this doesn't change what I feel for you and he could be a perfectly good ass sometimes. And I hope I find someone just like you cause I know in my heart no one else will seem right.” He says with a sad face.

“Of course there will be, there'll be someone so amazing, who is nothing like me and you'll be madly in love with her and what you feel for me wouldn't even be comparable to that. I really hope you find it. I do love you, just not like that.” I tell him and then hug him cause it felt right.

“Finally.” Shane says as he walks out of the closet. “Let's go downstairs, everyone is waiting eagerly.”

As I walk down the stairs my stomach starts to form knots and I feel like throwing up. I find myself coughing cause there was something lodged in my throat. My legs turn all wobbly and resist to continue down the stairs. I force them to move forward. But the second my eyes connect with Ryan's as he sits there and talks to everyone laughing heartily all my fears and inhibitions vanish. I could look my dad in the eye and tell him I had sex, cause that's the amount of confidence I suddenly attained. Not that I'll ever have that conversation with my father. I'll probably be locked away forever.

“Lee, come, sit down. Do you want something to eat?” Jesse asks me, way too courteously. I look at him suspiciously and he falters under my gaze and sits back down.

“Oh come on, you can't still be afraid of her stare.” Cole mocks him.

“They burn into you, it could kill you. I kid you not!” Jesse exclaims. Glad to see I can still scare them, this might not be so bad after all.

“It does not. Lia, sit down. We've got some questions for you.” Cole says patting the space on the couch next to him. I look at him and he him my meanest death stare and his confidence too, shrivels away.

“This is ridiculous.”  Shane's dad says and looks at me expectantly. I do the same not thinking twice. He too shrivels under my gaze. After going through almost everyone, I stretch.

“This has been fun but I'm hungry, anyone wants food?” I ask. Everyone just looks down on the floor and refused to look up.

“More food for me.” I shrug and head to the dining room.

“Where do you think you're going young lady?” Mum asks, blocking my way. My stare doesn't work on her, she's the master of the stare I just picked it up from her. Everyone looks up expectantly seeing a ray of hope.

“Dining room?” I reply in a small voice.

“Nuh uh. Haul your ass back in there and seat yourself cause you're in for a long evening of a Q&A session.” She says as she drags me by the ear and dumps my ass in between Jesse and Dad. I sigh and look towards Ryan who didn't make any sort of eye contact with me. I huff internally and look at everyone for whatever they wanted to ask me.

After a series of embarrassing revelations, jokes and laughter we finally file into the dining room for dinner. Shane hooks his hands with mine and leads me into the dining room like a true gentleman.

Ryan sits opposite me still not making eye contact or muttering a single word to me. Even while answering questions he refused to do that. The fact that he was behaving like this was eating me up from the inside. It was annoying and frustrating and I just wanted to break something over his head.

"There isn't space for everyone here." Jesse whines.

"Ari, want to sit on high chair." Ari says, clapping excitedly. Cole picks her up and places her on her seat.

"All you kids go sit on the stairs, the adults can sit in here like civilized people." Nana says.

So all of us pile food on our plates and go sit on the stairs. It feels nice to be one large family though we aren't really related. Thinking of family, I haven't met my cousins and the extended family for the longest time. If you think my family is large wait till you meet the rest of the family jam.

Okay so here's the deal, I was supposed to update on Monday but something is seriously up with Wattpad. I couldn't get work down for the longest time. And updating was another issue. I'm really sorry for keeping you guys waiting for two more days than the promised date. Love you and thanks for being this patient.

Love and Skittles.