Chapter 12

"We need more water balloons, Christopher and Mr. Faux is out, so that leaves us with Henry. We almost had him but we ran out of water balloons." Jesse then turns and glances at me. "You're out too?" He shakes his head at me in disappointment.

"No, Ryan cheated. Oh and you have Ryan to beat too."

Jesse's eyes widen in excitement. Ryan and Jesse have been inseparable since they bonded over causing chaos to the neighborhood. My dad was pretty chill about it saying that it was just a phase, but Mr. Faux thought otherwise. Ryan was shipped off to boarding school the second he was done with middle school, he wasn't even around for the summer. He was a year older than me, making him a year younger than Jesse, but the age never mattered to either of them. While I was thinking, Jesse turns around and throws a balloon at some random bush.

"You stupid idiot, you just wasted a perfectly good water balloon, what is with you?" I shout at him, whilst hitting him continuously.

"No you seaweed, look." I look towards the bush and see Henry come out of hiding.

"How did you know he was there, you weren't looking in that direction nor did he make any sort of noise." I gawk. As he open his mouth to reply, Dad and Cole comes holding a very wet Ryan.

"Look who we found standing by the pool, looking at the reflection of the moon." Cole says triumphantly and Dad has this huge grin on his face.

I look at Ryan and start laughing. Jesse stops me, "Don't you want to know how I did it?"

"Oh yeah, how did you know?"

He holds up two fingers to his head and turns it around saying, "Unagi. You wouldn't know, but it's the state total awareness of  your surroundings."

Mr. Faux who was sitting on a bench behind me bursts out in laughter. Soon everyone joins him, including me.

"You buffoon, unagi is sushi." I huff out l between laughs.

"No it's fresh water eel." Ryan taunts me. I choose to ignore it and continue laughing at my brother's ridiculousness.

"No it isn't!"

"Okay, whatever you say. Let's get you some unagi." Cole says and we all start laughing again.

We go into the Faux residence and make ourselves comfy on the couch, while I run up to Christopher's room and grab myself a t-shirt. As I was changing out of it, Ryan walks into the room in all his Greekly glory. His wet t-shirt was clinging to the right places and that eight pack abs, ooh la la.

"What are you doing in my room?" He says looking away from me. I thought he was attracted to me not repelled. I guess I guessed wrong.

"I'm changing, now can you get out? Wait a second, your room? This is Chris's room." I confidently state.

"No you missed a door. You're actually capable if being that stupid, I forgot."

"You female dog! How dare you?" Really agitated by his words, I take my t-shirt off and thrown it at his face and walk out in my bikini top into Christopher's room. I pull out one of his shirts and put it on. As I walk out, I bump into the one person who's face I did not want to see. "You." I sneer.

"Right back at ya. Oh and if you wanted to seduce me, you should have given me a chance to glance at your front not your back."

"You know what? I don't need to seduce you cause let's face it, what do you have that I'd be interested in? Nothing, nada, zero."

"How about these babies?" He says as he lifts up his shirt to show off his damn eight packs. The conceited monkey.

"I've seen better. Have you seen Shane?"

"Who? The scrawny kid who used to be around you all the time?"

"FYI, he isn't scrawny anymore. He's anything but scrawny."

"How is that working out for you? Dating a guy with a pot belly and man boobs."

"He isn't fat! But why am I wasting my time with you? You should have stayed in military school. Get out of my way." I push past him and walk into the living room. Everyone was sitting there talking and laughing, even mom and Ari had come over. I walk to the kitchen to help Mrs. Faux. I was asked to set up the table which I was more than happy to do. Soon we were all seated around the table eating and enjoying our food. The horrible evening forgotten.

I help wash the plates and then head to the living room, to find everyone in front of the Xbox with the dance off 2. Dad and Mom were going at it. Both are brilliant dancers and they seemed to be in a tie with occasional rise and drop in points from both of them. The round got over and mom won by 2 points.

Next me and Chris went at it. We went at it for 2 minutes and I won easily, he wasn't that good.

"You can win against Chris easy, why don't you take up some real competition?" Ryan asks smugly.

"Fine, I'll prove I'm a brilliant dancer. Grace wanna go up against me?" I ask, looking at Ryan in the eye, smirking. I knew he wanted to go up against me but why would I let myself be humiliated, he's an excellent dancer and he constantly cheats. No way. Plus Grace was a brilliant dancer too, just that she doesn't cheat. Mrs. Faux stood up and took he place next to me. We went at it for about half an hour but she won. I didn't mind loosing as long as it isn't to Mr. Narcissist sitting on the arm of the sofa, smirking at me.

"It's been a long night, I think I'll hit the sacks." Mr. Faux says and walks out the room, with his fingers interlaced with his wife. They were so cute.

Mom, Dad, Ari and Cole had left while I was going up against Mrs. Faux. Which left me with Chris, Jesse and Mr. Narcissist. Chris asks me if no wanted see the latest Harry Potter book he bought. I was so excited to lay eyes on it that I jumped on his back and went piggybacking to his room.

It was so beautiful, with the black cover with the gold engravings on it. It was love at first sight. I slowly reached out to touch it and carefully picked it up. I then opened it and smelled the pages, heavenly.

"The same old geek as always." I hear an annoying voice belonging to a certain narcissist disrupt my quality bonding time with the book.

"Go away. This is the one of the best creation of mankind."

He chuckles and goes to his room with Jesse. I put the book back into the book shelf and lie down on the bed. Me and Chris always got along, because of our love for books, we liked the similar books. Percy Jackson, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter were our favorites. Harry Potter being the most important of course.

"Spending the night?" He asks.

"Yup." I reply and take one of the sweats he hands out to me, I go to the bathroom and change into it. I make myself comfortable on his bed with my head on his chest. The steady rhythm of his breathing lulls me to sleep.

Hey guys! Yes I missed out on the author's note last time, I was super sleepy when I updated it and I completely forgot about it. Anyway.

What do You guys think of Ryan? Isn't he dreamy?

And what do you think of Malia and Ryan?

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Peace out!