Chapter 34

After Chris dropped me off, I head to my locker to pick up my books.

"So..." Kiara says leaning beside my locker. The thought that this was extremely cliche crosses my mind.

"So what?" I ask, wondering what she was asking about.

"You know how you have Shane all for yourself for another three weeks?" She asks looking at me with her big blue eyes. I nod, implying that I do and urge her to go on.

"Naina's, umm well, she's been missing Shane since you guys don't even have lunch with us anymore and a certain someone  has been missing you too. But I speak on behalf of Naina, could you let go of Shane for a day? Just today." She then lifts her hand in surrender, "Don't shoot the messenger."

She looked like a little mouse stuck in a trap. I look at her and start laughing.

"What? I'm serious she was serious when she said that." She says.

"No, it's just your expression and she could have asked me herself. I'm not cannibalistic you know." I say in between laughs, as I closed my locker after taking out essential materials.

"I knew that, I just didn't know if you'll listen to me." Naina says, popping out of no where.

I just stand there and look wondering where she came from, she must have seen the look on my face cause she went on to say, winking, "I have my ways."

I shake off my thoughts and catch up to her. "So what do you have planned? All I can do is say I'm busy today, getting him to come with you instead of waiting around for me is completely up to you." I wonder if I said something wrong when I see her face fall for the briefest moment. Maybe I imagined it.

"I'll take care of that." She smiles. I couldn't really shake off the look she had for a while, so I asked her what was wrong. "It's just that you guys are really close and the he goes way out of his way for you. I can't help but wonder if I could ever wedge myself into his heart, you know?"

"You don't need to wedge yourself into his heart, I just take up the friend section. There will always be a huge part for the girl he's gonna fall in love with." I assure her.

"I get that you don't like him, right?" She says, unsure of the fact she was presenting. I shake my head to assure her. "But how do you know that he hasn't liked you for the longest time?"

"I know that cause I do. Even if you are the most oblivious person on Earth you just know when the vibes of friendship and completely pure and untainted. It still is and I guess it will always be that way, unless he or I taint it ourselves. Which cannot happen on all bounds." I say hoping that we don't.

"Okay then." She says giving me a hug and walks towards her next class.

_________

"You know how we were supposed to go rock climbing today?" I whisper to Shane making sure Mr. Russo doesn't hear us.

"Yeah?" He said looking up at me from the notes he was taking down. I look down at my artwork on my book, thinking how lazy I was and wondering how I managed to get decent grades.

"Well I'm busy today, so let's go tomorrow?" I ask, hoping he doesn't get offended.

"What plans?" He asks narrowing his eyes.

"Plans with Ryan." I blurt out. "Ashton" I say again like an idiot. I felt like slapping myself. Sometimes my brain just goes into overdrive and messes everything up.

"With the two of them?" He asks, narrowing his eyes, again. When did he decide to go Sherlock Holmes on me?

"Yeah the two of them." I say stressing my point.

Inked Perfectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें