Chapter 31

"Stay away from me." I scream. "Don't you dare come near me with your filthy hands."

But my screams fell on dead ears, he kept coming closer and closer. I clutch my heart in fear and scream at the top of my lungs, which was high pitched and loud but he did not falter, he just continued to move forward. He got in my personal space and his hands were hovering near my neck, those filthy hands and that ugly stinking-

________

(Five hours earlier.)

"Wake up." Shane calls as he steps out of the shower.

"Five more minutes." I request and turn around placing the pillow over my head.

"No, no, no. Absolutely not. You had more than enough sleep yesterday." He orders. Pfft, like I'm gonna take his orders, I mentally roll my eyes.

"Are you going to listen to me or am I gonna have to toss you and the mattress off the bed?" He taunts.

"Let's see you try." Next thing I know, the mattress is moving beneath me. It's all a taunt, he isn't really gonna toss me and the mattress. He's just trying to get me to wake up. Unfortunately, I was wrong because after a few grunts from Shane, I found myself on the floor with the mattress on top of me. I push it off with all my might and give him the stink eye. He shrugs his shoulder and goes on to wear his clothes.

"It's a holiday today, why are you waking me up?" I question.

"We're going somewhere." He says, not really giving me any useful information.

"Where?" I ask after pushing myself off the floor.

"To Neverland." He mocks.

"We can sail away tonight, in a sea of pure moon light.
We can navigate the stars, bring us back home.
In a place so far away,
We'll be young that's how we'll stay." I look towards Shane who smiles and shakes his head.

"Every wish is a command,
When you find ourselves in Never Neverland." He sings along with me.

"Seems like you're improving Matthews." I nudge him and smile at him.

"What can I say? I learn from the best."

After getting ready and having breakfast, we head out.

I look out the window, trying to figure out where we were headed but Shane kept distracting me.

"Why don't you just blind fold me?" I say sarcastically.

He leans over and opens the glove compartment and digs through it. Not finding what he was looking for, he leaves the steering and bends over to the back seat checking for something. Frightened for my life, I take hold of the steering wheel. "Are you out of your mind? We could have died."

"I know I've trained you to be better." He says smugly from the back seat. I roll my eyes at his antics. "Found it." He says happily and takes the wheel. He then continues to pass me a scarf, "Here, blindfold."

I had to open my big blabbering mouth, didn't I? I obediently take the scarf from him and tie it around my eyes, covering my vision, leaving me in the dark.

"Don't be so dramatic." He deadpans.

"I didn't say anything." I retort.

"Your sighs say a lot." He says and turns up the music.

Over my melodious voice? No way. I sing along with the song, more like scream because at the end of our ride, my voice was hoarse and my throat was aching slightly. "I want water."