Chapter 16

The moon has come out and so have I. This day was exhausting! Everyone was fussing over me and not letting me do anything. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually, sincerely miss doing the dishes. I've never been one to sit still, I had to be up and about doing something and the pampering situation wasn't helping. Time to do something with these muscles that hasn't had activity for almost 5 days.

I open my window and silently hop on to the roof, from there I leap to the tree in Ryan's yard making slight sound, which seemed insanely loud in the dead of night. I quickly shimmy down the tree and land in his backyard. Treading towards the house cautiously, I take out the key from under the rug and unlock the door. The door creaked as I opened it. I quickly shut my eyes hoping against hope that no one woke up. A minute later when I am sure there was no movement, I tread to the key stand and take out the keys to my blackbird, atleast mine for the night. I then tiptoe out the door, locking it after me.

"You should seriously be a spy, you woke no one and other than the creaking of the door I doubt you made any noise."

I gasp at the sudden noise, in the calm atmosphere and turn around in the direction. Only to see striking green eyes, that sort of blend with the greenery behind him. The moon cast a glow on his very on point jawline and cheek bones, his blonde hair looked a silver-blonde in the night sky. I found myself in dilemma, a part of me wanted to inch forward and run my hands along his face and hair, especially his jawline but another very distinct part of me told me that if I don't back away now, tonight's accomplishments would go down the drain. I start backing away, but every step I took, he took a long stride. So this distance between us decreased with each step.

My back collides with the bike sitting in the driveway, I knew there was no going back from this point, literally. I take one last look at that face and mount the bike as quickly as I can. I insert the key into the ignition and start the bike. Once I reached a safe distance, I turned around and cast my glance upon a very shocked Ryan Faux.

Riding is a very liberating act, the wind on your face, an empty moonlit road, the rustle of leaves and the sound of the engine put together gives me one of the best pleasure in life. I catch sight of the familiar mud path and turn left. The ride was a bit bumpy but let's face it, so are our lives. A bumpy ride to a beautiful destination. I park the bike under a tree and trek to the rock. Ten minutes later I reach my destination. I climb on and sit there. Looking at the moonlight peeking through the branches, it was a beautiful sight. O take out my phone, plug my headphones and listen to Bumpy Ride by Mohombi. This was our song, mine and Harry's. I know it's a song pertaining to sex but we used to joke about this being a couple song so much that it ended up being ours. Our story might not be a fairytale but it was really close to my heart. I've been locking up the memories forever, but sometimes, very rarely, I think of it.

"You should check the bike before you steal it." A voice drifted through the woods, a voice that irritated and enchanted me.

"What?" I respond, completely confused as to how he found me. This was a very private spot and no one knew of this place.

"Well my bike has a GPS installed, so I can track it with my phone. Heard of technology?"

"What happened to the good old normal way of living? Technology has spoilt the thrill of theft."

"Well I paid a lot for my baby, I think I'm willing to risk theft being spoilt." He chuckles. His face then turns serious and asks, "Are you going to tell me or are you going to look up and stare into nature?"

"I'd prefer the latter but please, feel free to go."

"And leave my baby with you? No way."

After a few moments of silence.