Chapter 15 (For those who can't see)

"So, how's life treating you?" Ryan says, to try to get rid of the awkward tension. Everyone left to do something and the two of us were sitting in awkward silence for the past ten minutes, it seemed like a century was over.

I shift on the hospital bed. "I'm doing great you know. Life has been going on pretty well. Now I'm on this lumpy hospital bed with you as company. Doesn't that say it all?"

"Of course, your life as of now has become the very best. Great looks nothing next to it because, let's face it who wouldn't kill to spend time with me."

"Yes Ryan, I'm so privileged to have you sitting in front of me and unwillingly spend time with me."

The cocky look on his face softens and his eyes flash with something, but before I could put a finger on it, it goes away. "It's not unwilling."

The door bursts open and Ashton walks in. "Are you fine? No told me anything thing."

"Where is she? My baby." Kiara yells as she walks into my room.

I creep under the blanket and pretend to not exist. This was so embarrassing. The blanket is ripped off me and Kiara looks down at me. "How are you sweetie?" Her tone was softer and I bet she didn't wake up the whole ward this time.

"I'm fine. They'll discharge me tomorrow at noon. Bet your lives have been too dull without me, don't worry I'll be back to bring color to your life in no time." I grin.

Ashton shakes his head, as he sits next to me and takes my hand. Tingles run up my hand, must be the room temperature.

While Kiara and Ashton fusses over me, I don't notice Ryan slip out. "Where's Ryan?" I ask when I notice his absence.

"Oh I don't know. Why?" Kiara says, wagging her eyebrows and smirking at me.

"No reason."

"Oh common, admit that you still have feelings for the guy despite the years you guys were apart. Plus, the guy clearly cares about you otherwise he wouldn't have spent the day with you."

"Half an hour alone! It was very uncomfortable." I retort back. Yeah, the guy was hot, feelings, maybe. But it wasn't as strong as they used to be.

Ashton gets up and was about to leave when I ask him, "Where are you going? You can't just leave me in a critical state."

He chuckles. "I really don't like to be involved in girl talk so. It makes me uncomfortable, so I'll be outside if you need anything. Besides, I'm only a call away." He then comes closer, leans down and kisses my forehead. Kiara gasps, but I don't look her way cause I was lost in my favorite set of chocolatey eyes. He stays looking at me for a while and then draws back. I continue to look into his eyes as he backs away.

Bang! The door opens, quite hastily and hits Ash on the backside of his head. "Oh my Gosh, I am so sorry. I really didn't think that anyone would be coming. I'm such a klutz. Did it hurt? I'm so stupid, of course it hurts. It's just that I had trays in both my hands and I had to kick the door open. I am so sorry." A pretty little blonde with steely blue eyes, apologizes profusely to Ashton.

"It's alright, it didn't hurt that much. I was just caught off guard."

Kiara giggles at his sentence. "Yeah cause, getting lost in your eyes was totally off guard." She says under her breath. I nudge her and she shuts up.

"But-" the blonde tries to apologize again. Ashton puts up his hand and says, "It's quite alright, I was leaving anyway."

My phone beeps indicating a message, while Kiara chats up the blonde. It was from Ryan.
Miss me?