Chapter 5

School went by pretty fast today. I head towards Kiara's car, waiting for her to show up. We were going to have ice cream, how exciting is that?

After waiting for about five minutes, Shane shows up beside me with Ashton. "What's up squirt? Waiting for me?"

I sigh, not bothering to answer him. I had a tiring day after art. I was asked a gazillion questions in History and you'd think that the universe would spare me after that but no, it was on a roll. I had a lot of work in photography and quite a lot of assignments to submit at the end of the week.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks, genuinely worried for me.

"Tiring day, nothing an ice cream can't fix." I have Math, English, French and Art with Shane, but but the rest of the day I'm not with him. He's always there to cheer me up, if the class gets too hectic. But I'm not so fortunate to have him in every class. And Kiara loves History too much to be paying attention to me. I don't blame her, she wants to be an archeologist and she's no Shane.

Shane and I were inseparable since we were born. Actually even before that our parents were best friends in high school and continue to be till today. We were born two days apart from each other and every weekend either his or my family spends the weekend in the other's house.

Kiara came into the picture in middle school. She and I got paired for a science project and we started hanging out. At first, she was reluctant to hang out with us cause as mentioned before we were a bunch of loony toons but we seemed to rub off on her. And towards the end of middle school we were tight.

"Ooh, then let's head there now." Shane says snapping me out of my flash back.

"Who says you're invited? This is a girls only moment. So unless the two of you are willing to change your gender, you two better scurry along." Kiara says from behind me, making me jump. I could have had a heart attack.

"You almost gave me a heart attack. Don't sneak up on people like that." I say as I clutch my heart.

"Drama queen." She laughs, as she bumps her hip to mine. "Let's get moving."

I put my arm around her shoulder, it's a lot of hard work. So I remove it and shove it in my pockets. She laughs and hooks her hand through mine and walk away from the boys.

"Hey geniuses, sorry to ruin your dramatic exit but you're heading away from your car. How do you plan on getting there, pixie dust?" Shane says haughtily, as Ashton bends over in laughter. So much for our exit.

Kiara huffs and makes a dramatic turn forgetting that our hands were hooked causing my legs to tangle and trip over pulling her down with me. I swear, it's like us and drama won't go together. But it's rather funny, now that you think of it. And I join Shane and Ashton in their laughter.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you laughing at yourself?"

"You would have laughed if you weren't the highlight of the embarrassment."

"Whatever." She says getting up, dusting herself off and getting into the car. "Are you coming or not?" She asks, starting her engine.

"Wait for me. I love ice cream, you just like it." I say as I quickly dust myself off.

"You know, that was karma's way of telling you, you shouldn't get ice cream without us." Ashton says with a smirk. He might have a point, who knows what other bad things could happen to us if that's the case.

"He's messing with your head, Malia. Don't let him get to you."

"You're gonna leave your best friend behind?" Shane asks with a puppy dog face. How can I say no to that adorable face?