Chapter 21

I was wrong. Totally and completely wrong. This day got a lot worse. I close Zayn's door with tears streaming down my face. I was so frustrated and I cry when I'm angry. Wanna know what happened?

After the last bell rang, I quickly grabbed my bag and went to find Kiara. Shane was in a way better mood due to the combined effort of Naina, Ashton and I, mostly Naina. I hadn't seen Kiara after what happened in the cafeteria. She didn't come for the one class we had together after lunch.

I run around the school trying to find her. I finally find her sitting in the stairwell, with her thinking face. It's quite hilarious. She puffs her face out and scrunchs her nose up. I sit beside her saying nothing, knowing that she'll speak when she wants to.

After a few minutes, "You come to find me now?" She questions with anger in her voice. I open my mouth to explain myself when she cuts me off by raising her hand. "Don't bother, I know you would have gone after Shane and came to console me once he was fine. We all know where your priority lies."

"Ki-" I attempt to speak.

"No, Lia. Not this time. I always shut my mouth and never complain when you choose him over me. I'm not jealous as Shane accused, envious maybe but not jealous. I can't blame you though, you grew up together and I'm an intruder who came crashing into your world. I don't want to be treated like this. The two of you can be happy in your own world without me." At this point, she has tears streaming down her face like the Niagara falls.

"Shane is not my first priority. Yes, there are a lot of times where I can totally connect to him but I would never choose between the two. If I was put in a spot where I had to choose between you two, I will die trying to attain both of you. You both mean a lot to me and when it comes to the problem of being an intruder, you've become a part of it. More than anyone else. I know I was perfectly content with just Shane in my life but I'm happy you came into our lives. Without you I wouldn't have learnt to accept other people in my life. It's insane how quickly you opened me up, especially after what happened." I explain.

"After what happened? Get over yourself, Lia. It's been forever since it happened and you don't seem affected by it. You act like it bothers you every time you're put on the spot. You honestly don't care about it? Hell, you're not even scared of heights. If you were really affected by it, you wouldn't go anywhere near high places. You cope up really fast and if I had to be honest, I think you never really did love him. It was all an act or you just liked him nothing too serious because it took you lesser than three months to get over it. So stop using it as an excuse to get out of difficult situations like this. It's your leeway out of every problem, play the role of a poor soul who lost her boyfriend. It's pathetic really. And I don't want your sympathy acceptance. I'm fine just the way I am and there are a lot of people who'll see it. You never really did value me. I had to claw my way into your life. I look at you and I think, someone can't be this sweet. But now I know that you're an attention seeker, a people pleaser. You can't stand it when people don't like you. And you're lying about being content with only Shane in your life, deep down you know that you wanted people to notice you and like you, hence you got everyone to do just that. You're charming and I will not deny it, but you just pretend to care for everyone who needs someone. You don't really care, cause if you did then all of them will be sitting at our table not back to whatever shitty life they were leading. Face it Lia, you're selfish and don't even try denying that. And the thing about Harry, stop being so pathetic." She rants and walks off without even turning to look at my face, which was streaming with tears.

I bit my lip really hard to stop myself from crying. The metallic taste of blood filled my taste buds. "You're strong Malia, you don't cry." I repeat to myself until the flow of tears almost came to a stop. I waited for the hallway to clear up, biting my lip so that I don't burst into tears again. Once the hallway cleared up, I ran out the door avoiding eye contact with a few who happened to stay back. Once I get out the doors I run towards Zayn, ignoring Ashton's calls.