Chapter 9

Shane and I walk towards my brothers' rooom, with the necessary equipment in our hands. And then we get working. It's past midnight and both the buffalos are sleeping. Now, we just wait till morning.

That morning-

"Mom!" A high pitched scream that is most likely Jesse's echoes through the house. Okay if he doesn't shut up, I might really consider killing him. It's an unearthly hour for Skittles' sake.

"Mel, it's 11 in the morning, that is not an unearthly hour."

"Did I say that out loud? Oh well, I'm thinking out loud, baby we found love right where we are. That last line was inappropriate for the situation." I say as I turn around and bury my head into the pillow.

"Wakey wakey time to rise." Shane says in a sing song voice.

"Mdhsjkrbveianbavjns svjrkrvjsn jjsvs e svejebeb." I say into the pillow

"What?"

"I'm not getting off this bed."

"Fine, if you don't want to enjoy the aftermath of what we did all night then don't." He shrugs and goes into the washroom to brush his teeth.

What we did last night? What did we do last night? "If you're wondering what we did last night, then get out and see for yourself." He calls out the bathroom.

"Ooh ooh, come on. Let's go, why are you wasting time brushing your teeth? You can do that later." I yell as I pull him out the bathroom, with the brush in his mouth. Did I mention he sleeps only in his boxers?

When we reach Cole's and Jesse's bedroom the sight was hilarious. Jesse was on top of the cupboard, I have no idea how he got there. Cole had blood all over him and he stood there as still as a statue, with a towel around his waist.

That's when another scream filled the house. We run to my parents room and find mom sitting on top of dad's shoulders pulling at his hair. I stuff my fist into my mouth to stop my laughter. Just one more- "Aaaaahhhhh!", there it is.

We stroll up to Shane's parents bedroom and find his mom under the bed, rolled up in a blanket and well let's just say, his dad would never mention this again. He was peeking through a tiny hole in the wardrobe. This was hilarious, I wish I had a camera for future blackmailing.

Flashback to last night

I walk up the stairs with Shane carrying a bag of top secret stuff behind me. We walk into the room Cole and Jesse were sharing and tiptoe to their washroom. Then I open the shower cap and put in red food coloring and close it back up. Then I take an old dismantled toy of Shane's and put the head in Jesse's hand and the the body at his feet with red food coloring.

Next we head to my parents room, scaring my dad is impossible but Mom is a whole different story. I roll out the toilet paper a bit and stick a fake roach on it, then roll it back into place.

Last but not the least, Shane's parents. Shane had a dummy girl for Halloween's last year because he dressed up as a vampire and he wanted a dummy to suck blood out off. So we took that, dressed it in white put on a black wig and hung it in their walk-in cupboard. Later we took out black lights and attached it to the bottom of the wardrobe, it looked pretty spooky. After which we opened our cage and let a bat in. Getting it was quite the task.

We then went to sleep because this is a very exhausting job, that only professionals can handle.

________

Back to the present

Looking at six, pale white faces Shane and I burst out laughing. This has got to be the nth time we pranked them but they never realize jazz. We slowly go back to our rooms and settle into our beds, just to make sure we don't get caught. But you know what they say, the truth isn't hidden for long.

"That was the best prank we've pulled in years." Shane says as he pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

"That's cause it was my idea doofus."

I then drift off to sleep, seeing how I had to wake up early in the morning.

_____

"See you next weekend. We should probably go the cabin next weekend, it's been quite a while." Shane's mom calls out as we pull out the drive way.

"Don't think I didn't know it was you." Cole says as he narrows his eyes at me.

"What was me?" I ask feigning innocence.

"Don't play dumb with me. You were responsible for the blood and the so called hauntings in the house."

"Don't forget the roach infestation." I say smugly.

"Good one. I can't believe I fell for it. But really good nevertheless." He says as he ruffles my hair.

"How many times do I tell you not to mess up my hair?"

"I don't recall anything of the sort."

"Ooh ooh ooh, let's watch Insidious once we get back home." Jesse says clapping his hands together.

"No, the scare today morning was enough." My mom says from the front.

"Yeah I agree with your mother, no scary movies tonight. Plus it's a school night. But we can drop in and have ice cream." Dad smiles.

"Yes, food! My favorite thing besides Skittles and gummy bears." I excitedly say.

"Those are food too." Cole smirks.

"And I'm your little sister. I'm allowed to say anything."

We stop at my favorite I've cream parlour. We walk in and seat ourselves. Which was quite a task for the employees, as they have join tables considering we are quite a large family.

We order our ice creams and talk about random stuff when I hear a familiar laugh coming from somewhere in the parlour. It sounds really familiar but I can't seem to put a finger on it. I turn around and scan the entire room to find a familiar face but to no avail.

"Mel-Mel." Ari pouts as she tries to sit on my lap. I smile down at her and place her on my lap. She quickly starts to play with my hair. It's really comforting.

"Malia?" There's the familiar voice again, but it sounds like it's coming from right next to me. I whip my head and turn around to come face to face with him.

I am so sorry about the delay. I had already finished the chapter, just got caught up with some work. I promise I'll try my best to not do this again unless it's inevitable.

Now that we've got the apology done, I ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY LOVE YOU GUYS!!! The comments, votes and follows. Sigh. I love you guys a lot, I really mean it.

I know this isn't my best chapter, sorry if I disappointed anyone. I had a lot of ideas for this chapter, but getting it down on paper was slightly more complicated than I thought it would be. So if I disappointed anyone, don't stop reading it's just one chapter, I'll be back on track next week.

Until then kisses, hugs and a massive amount of love.

P.S. Try gummy bears dipped in chocolate sauce.