Chapter 28

I slam the car door once I get into Shane's car. "Drive."

He doesn't question me and slams on the gas. "What did you vandalize this time?" He asks once we were a safe distance from school.

I don't think twice before answering, "I kissed Ashton." Shane slams on the breaks and I'm jerked forward. He takes a u-turn and drives back in the direction of the school. Panic arises within me and my heart was in my mouth. I calm down once he parked at the candy store, that happened to be on the way to school.

Delighted didn't justify what I was feeling. This was my most favorite place in the entire world! Shane grabs a hold of my hand and pulls me inside, which I think was unnecessary but the guy's got to do what he thinks is necessary. Once we were inside I quickly run to the aisle where Skittles are kept. Those round colourful blissful pieces of joy could make any dull day bright. I grab as many Skittle packets as I could and go to the counter. The lady at the counter looked at me and smiled, yes she knew me.

"Someone's mood meter seems low." She says as she bills it. I nod in agreement. She gives me a sympathetic smile as I pay.

"Shane dear." She beams as Shane walks up to the billing counter with a packet of gummy bears. He pays for his gummies and we head out the door.

_______

"I don't know. Alright? I'm allowed to not know. It just happened." I justify after narrating what happened to Shane. Shocked would have been the biggest understatement of the century. He just sat there in shock without moving a muscle for half an hour and then started shouting at me after I poked him in the arm. There might have been other instances where I goofed up thrown in between.

Once he was done, he shakes his head at me and then opens his arms offering me a hug. "Oh Mel. What am I gonna do with you?" He says as he strokes my hair.

"Get me more Skittles?" I smile up at him, indicating to the empty packets lying around his room.

"You have a problem." He says.

"No. I don't." I retort.

"Okay then share atleast one Skittle and prove that you do not have a problem."

"I can do that." I say confidently. Shane has this smug smile on his face like he knew that I couldn't do it and he was willing to put his life on the line cause he was that sure. Well I'm capable of sharing. I pick an orange flavoured Skittle and slowly hand it to him, "See I know how to share." I stick my tongue out. Just as he was about to put it in his mouth I push him onto the bed, straddle him, swipe it from his hand just in time and pop it into my mouth.

"I win." I sing and dance around on the bed.

"No! You didn't share." He complains.

"Course I did. I gave it to you. It's not my fault you have a horrible sixth sense and reflexes." I taunt him.

"Giving it to me isn't sharing."

"It so is. It was your choice to give it back to me." I shoot his a devious smile.

"You're too quick and agile."

"You're too slow and bulky."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Not."

"Too."

"Absolutely not."

"Totally too." I say, my finger pressing his nose into his face.

He starts guffawing and eventually bursts into eternal laughter. I shoot him a questioning look and he shakes his head and continues laughing.

~An eternity later~

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I ask stomping my feet on the ground.

"You should have seen your face. Being called bulky was totally worth it, pig face." He says in between chuckles.

"I'm not a pig face!" I screech into his ear and run into the washroom and lock myself in. I wonder what his reaction was, but I couldn't risk staying outside and taking a beating. But I can risk opening the door and taking a peek. I slowly open the door just a little bit, just enough to see a bit of the room but Shane was no where to be found. I push open the door wider, not fully just in case he was somewhere around hiding from me. But I was wrong he wasn't here. I push open the door completely and some icky gooey stuff falls on me.

"Ewwwww." I shriek looking for the culprit, Shane.

"Serves you right for screaming in my ear." He smirks from the door. "Love your eggspression though." He clicks a picture.

"That's a horrible pun. Also egg's good for my hair. Ha, you didn't cause too much harm."

"Didn't I? Is it worth all the trouble? Smelling like that all day, may be even longer?" He asks smugly.

"You're on Matthews. This is war." I say, narrowing my eyes. Trying to look intimidating, failing miserably due to the eggy goo running down my face.

"You sure you want to put yourself in this situation?" He asks taking a step closer, realizing it stinks and goes back again.

"Yup." I nod my head in confirmation, a drop of egg shaking in front if my eyes as I do.

He smiles a wicked smile and does something on his phone and walks out the door. "Matthews, one. Romero, zero."

My phone dings. I pick my phone up carefully so as to not get egg on it. On my screen was a notification saying, 'Shane Matthews took a photo of you.'

I was fuming, the guy had so many followers in fact I think almost the entire town follows him. Things you get for good looks. Well I'll get back at him and this time it'll rain down on him like a hailstorm. He wouldn't even know what hit him.

I rub my hands together in an evil way but my hands were too sticky and the smell of eggs made me want to throw up so I grabbed a towel and clothes and went in to take a shower.

I know it's super duper late but it was my birthday last Friday and I was super busy the week before. But yaayyyy I turned nineteen!!! Anyway super short chapter cause I was feeling bad cause I hadn't updated it in two weeks so I thought, "Meh, why not spend an hour on a short chapter?" So here it is.

You'll be seeing more of Shane and Mel's friendship in the next couple of chapters and a little bit of the others but in the next three or four chapters the entire Harry part of the story will be out. So yay again.

Also, I've been having arguments with various people. I don't like game of thrones, I think it's too violent and I can't handle the bloodshed but others think otherwise. So comment on whether you like the series or not.

COMMENT
VOTE
SHARE

Don't be a bore.