Chapter 7

"No, we cannot go this weekend. Don't you think it'll be really nice if we stayed at home this weekend? You know a time for the family to bond. I mean look at us. We have no bond, we might as well be animals." I protest desperately, hoping my argument convinces them.

"We're going and you're coming along, whether you like it or not." My mom bosses around as usual. Can't things go my way for once?

"What's wrong Lee? You're usually excited to go to Shane's place, what's with you this weekend?" Cole asks.

"Well let's just say there are things I don't want to talk about that he seems too keen on talking about." He's been pestering me all week about the ice cream parlour incident with Ash. And for those who are curious, nothing happened after we just fell back to being friends.

"We're still going!" Jesse taunts as he sticks his tongue out, I might just cut it off. And then he'd think twice before sticking his tongue out at me. Wait then he won't have a tongue to stick out. Too much of thought is going into this, my brain feels exhausted.

"Fine whatever!" I say, as I walk put the door and get seated in our car. "What are you guys waiting for, Christmas? Get your lazy selves moving people."

"She's bossy." Jesse whispers, more like whisper shouts. The guy does not know how to whisper. Sigh.

________

"We're home!" I shout as Mrs.Matthews open the door to let us in. Everyone barges in with their night bags and make themselves at home, I guess this is like a second home to is, which is precisely why I don't need a night bag, I just throw on one of Shane's tees.

"Mel, you're home." An overly happy Shane shouts from the top of the stairs. Let me tell you something about the Matthews, they are one of those classy families but they don't live huge. They have a well kept moderate house and they are really cool people. We are a big crazy family and they are a small classy family that's crazy in the inside. We're family. Kinda. Cause seeing Shane as a brother is sort of weird.

"Come on up, squirt."

"Coming jerkface." I say as I start climbing up the stairs.

"This is a work of art, God put in precise detailing to it."

"He did that for everyone. Just get your ass moving, I need to make my century on beating you at COD."

"Not today, you won't. I practiced. But before we get to that, we need to talk."

Uh oh. Maybe I can run away and go back home on Monday, I can be a homeless person till then. Won't work he'll just corner me in school. Let's just face it.

"Sure, but you should know this isn't my idea of an awesome time with my best friend."

He pulls me into his room and locks his door, as I make myself at home on his bed. I slowly open his bedside drawer and take out his diary. He might seem all cool and macho but he is big softie on the inside and not everyone gets to see it. According to him I quote, 'Someday when I loose my memory, this will help me remember what I did with my life.'

"So, what's up with Ashton?" He asks with narrowed eyes, trying to look intimidating.

"I think the atmosphere, but I'm not too sure. Science isn't really my forte."

He narrows his eyes even further and kneels down in front of me making himself a giant in front of feeble little me. So I kneel down in front of him too, failing in my attempt to seem slightly taller. I'm sure he has giant genes.

"Fine." I agree and go on to reveal the happenings of the day earlier in the week. Towards the end of my narration, Shane's mouth is open and his eyes wide. It wasn't that much was it?

"I understand him flirting with you, I mean you're pretty likable. But you flirting back, that is not acceptable! Do you know what you could have gotten yourself into. I mean yeah I like the guy and all but he could just use you and I don't even know him, he could be a major player for all I know. I just know him for a week Mel, you can't expect him to be Prince charming and sweep you off your feet. Guys like that are rare and maybe the don't exist, I don't know I haven't met one. He should be -" He continues his rant while pacing around the room. I didn't even hear half of it. He hangs out too much with me, I'm sure that's where the rant comes from. But I couldn't possibly live without him.
Okay let's put this to a stop. I walk into his closet open my drawer, where I stash my food, I pull out a packet of marshmallows, take some out and approach him. When he turned my direction, I stuff it into his mouth.

"Listen to me, nothing happened after that. N-O-T-H-I-N-G! He behaved like everything was normal, he didn't flirt, he didn't go put of his way for me, he was acting like a normal friend, not a close friend or best friend either but just a friend. Do you get it?"

"Hmm, okay. That's odd." He sighs and lies down on his bed.

I fall down next to him and look up at the ceiling, the two of us lie there in silence. Eventually falling asleep.

__________

I walk around, looking for someone to talk to. Why is this place so empty? Well more sweets for me, but I need to know where I am. Well whatever.

I walk to the pool of chocolate and jump in. And slowly start drinking it. I pick a marshmallow from the edge of the pond and take a bite. Yummy.

I swim around for a while and that's when I see a taffy tree. I quickly get out if the pool and pluck some taffy. "Ouch" The tree talks? "Oh great talking tree, can you tell me where I am?"

"My house." Huh? Why would the tree need a house? I think as I reach out for another taffy, I can't seem to find where the one I plucked went. "Stop it." It says as a branch slaps my hand away.

"Mean tree, bad tree, bad tree, sit down."

"I am not a tree nor am I your dog to sit when you tell me to."

"Ha, that's what a tree says, when you call it a tree!"

"You are insane!" The tree seems to sound like Shane, so weird. Suddenly the earth starts quaking. Next thing I know I'm looking at Shane's face and we're in his room.

"My arm hair is not taffy and do I look like a tree to you?"

Oh, so I was dreaming, now that makes a lot of sense.

"Next time that happens, I'm kicking you off the bed and I don't care what bone it breaks. Cause the pain of my arm hair being pulled out is excruciating."

And like that I start laughing and seem to do so every time I see him for the rest of the day.

Omg! Omg! Omg! We're up to 55 in humor! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys. Thank you so much. Love, hugs, kisses and Gummy bears. <3 :*

Read * Vote * Comment * Share

Has anyone watched 'The Lost Valentine's? It's beautiful! I absolutely love the movie and I was bawling my eyes out almost through the entire movie.