Chapter 38

My heart cried out loud enough for the entire universe to hear asking him to stop, but not a squeak escaped my mouth. My throat was coarse and my limbs felt numb. So, I did the intelligent thing, I gave in to my fading energy and let my body go, hoping that the thud that my body caused as it hit the ground made him turn around. It did, it made him stop in his tracks and come running back to me. My head my hurts and I think there is blood involved, I'm not too sure  though, I didn't have the energy to lift my hand and touch my head. Oh wait, there's blood alright, I can feel it drip down my face. Here's the 101 on me, I do not like being the damsel in distress, do I look like a damsel? No. Am I in distress? Yes. So I have no choice but to let Ryan carry me like I need help. Why, you ask me? Well I like being in his arms though it goes against everything I believe in. 

How he managed to find his way through the woods and get me to my family I don't know. In fact, the only thing I know is that this was far from fruitful. I didn't get to talk to him and I hurt my head trying. Shane snagged me out of Ryan's arms and carried me to his car, running. It was not nice at all. Everything from the car ride to the hospital was a blur, it all happened so fast that it barely registered in my brain. Great, another trip to the hospital in two months, I'm on a streak. The doctor stitched the gash on my forehead and let me go back to my family.

"Mel, are you okay?" Shane asks, as he jump out of his seat the second I step out. 

"Four stitches, what do you presume? I'm just peachy." I shrug. After a round of everyone fussing and worrying over me I walk out the hospital Ryan in tow, as he screams at me to let go of his ear. Like, I'm gonna do that he deserves pain for putting me through so much. well, technically I put myself through it all but he's the reason I did that to myself. 

"Lia, let go. It hurts like a female dog."

"Good. You now know how my heart feels." I spat. To say I was angry was an understatement. 

"Your heart? Excuse me, it's my heart that's in pain. Now my ear too. I'm starting to believe that you're sadistic." He retorts.

"Think what you want." I shrug as I continue to drag him out. 

"Are we gonna do this all day?" He asks.

"If you want to." 

"Well I'm not up for it or for spending time with you, so how bout you let me go and we'll spare me the pain." 

"And if I say I'm not yet done with you?" 

"Well now that's not an option I'm giving you, is it?" 

"Do you think I abide by your options? Or any option for that matter?" 

By now we were outside and pretty far from the building, in the corner of the parking lot, so I let go of his ear and he straightens up.

"I'm going to go." He says.

"If that's what you want." I retort, not really in the mood to force him anymore.

"You wanted to speak to me, get that over with and I'll leave." He says and a smile makes it's way to my face.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me?" I ask smugly. He narrows his eyes and waits for me to continue. I smirk at his choice and start.

"So, do you like me?" I ask him. 

"Lia, if that isn't obvious then I don't think the moon is round anymore." He says as he throws his hands up in exasperation. 

"The sarcasm isn't welcome, just answer my question." 

"Yes." He sighs.

"Good, cause I kinda like you too." I say and walk away. I don't care what his face looks like, I don't care if he heard it or not, I don't care if his chiseled jaw is dropped down in surprise, I don't care about anything. Who am I kidding? Of course I care! I turn around and look at that gorgeous face, that gorgeous face that looked dazed and at a loss for words. I wait for him to snap out of it and talk to me. But no! He had to just stand there and look lost like a puppy. But he doesn't move a muscle, not even a millimeter. I internally face palm and walk up to him. I did something brilliant to snap him out of it, I slapped him. Not too hard but enough to snap him out of that world he created in his head.