Chapter 11

Running out of there made me realize one thing, my best friend has stuff in her life that she doesn't tell me. Which makes me wonder what else my best friend is keeping from me. A sudden urge of guilt surges through me, maybe it's because I'm not spending enough time with her. Nah, I'm just over thinking the entire thing. I shouldn't be stressing about the whole ordeal, she just needs her space before she tells me.

As I start to walk home, the sound of a motorcycle fills my ears and then there is a honk. I turn around to see a grinning Ash on the motor cycle. Thinking back to how he paid no attention to me, I turn around with a huff, slip on the stupid slippery side walk and land on my behind. I can never pull of a dramatic exit.

"Lia, wait. What's wrong, why aren't you talking to me?" Ash questions. I continue to ignore him, as he continues to ride beside me.

"Common Lia, you have to talk to me." Whoever said ignorance is bliss is completely wrong. It is so tough to ignore someone whose constant cries are ringing in your ear. That's it, it's time to take out the big guns. I turn around and give him my best death glare. This makes him stop. Good to know it works. I turn around and continue to walk, when I hear the motorcycle's engine killed. A feeling of disappointment surges through me, he gave up on following me and stopped trying to tell me whatever he wanted to tell me. I can't help if I'm curious. But I will not give in to temptation.

Suddenly I'm jerked back by someone and holds me by my waist pinning me to my attacker. What did Tom Cruise say? Oh yeah, hands like Houdini. I put my hands in front and jerk my hips back and run away as fast as I my legs can carry me. I quickly reach home and shut the door. Sliding down, I catch my breath and find Cole looking at me.

"What's up, squirt?"

"I was almost raped! Do you know how bad that is? To loose my virginity by getting raped. This is a horrible day. First Ash leaves without looking at me, then I find Kiara, hooking up with some random guy, then Ash gives up on me and then I get attacked."

"So your problem is with Ash?"

"Yes! I mean how could he do something so preposterous." I look up to see him smirk at me. "No, I meant that didn't mean anything, the being attacked part was getting to me." I try to cover my slip up.

"Okay, whatever you say." He smirks and walks away.

After a few minutes of contemplating, as I was about to get up, Dad comes and sits down next to me. "Hey kiddo. Wanna go ambush our neighbors with water balloons?"

"I am totally in. Just let me get changed."

I run upstairs to my room pull on a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt. "Dad, let's go. Before mom calls us in for dinner."

Dad walks in with a plastic bag filled with water balloons and he whistles. Cole and Jesse come running in with huge smiles on their faces. We quietly sneak out of the house and jump over the wall into our neighbors garden. Then we slowly walk up to their son, Christopher's room, whose window was very conveniently open. We throw in a couple of balloons at him, who was sitting in his boxers looking at his phone. He jumps up and gives a war cry.

"Take cover, the enemy has been alerted. Also, split up some of us might survive that way. Every man for himself, move out." Dad commands in a very authoritative tone.

I quickly run to their backyard and find shelter behind their green house. This part of the house is very secure as there are a lot of bamboo planted here, a bit of a squeeze but it'll do the job. I tighten my hold on my plastic bag, as I lie in wait for the enemy.

I hear a cry and Mr. Faux screaming, "Man down" at the top of his lungs. Ha! Romero 1 Faux 0. We were so gonna win this. I'm not gonna cower away while my family is in battle, I'm going in. I quickly run to another hiding place, swiftly and look around for possible enemies lurking in the shadows. I should be a ninja, I'm really good. I continue to move closer to the house, when I hear a rustle in the bushes behind me. I quickly lie flat in my stomach and slither towards the bush, then with a war cry I throw the balloon at the bush. Waiting for my victim to come out, I stand there tapping my feet against the grass. A raccoon runs out and it sounded like he was cursing me.

"Look who I found." Someone whispers into my ear. Uh oh, my hide out has been compromised. I quickly put my hand in my bag and as I reach for the water balloons when I'm picked up and thrown over the enemy soldier's shoulder and before I know it, I find myself in the pool.

"That's cheating, the rules were water balloons only." I say, how dare he. I turn around to look at the cheater and see the one and only Ryan Faux. He looks so gorgeous even after all these years and the moon light highlighting his cheek bones and strong jawline is not helping me remember that he is my enemy, I would jump his bones now if I wasn't a shivering mess.

"Who say I play by the rules? You know rules aren't for me. Besides they are made to be broken." He says smugly. Oh I'm gonna rub that smug look off his face.

I pull myself out and take a good throw at the idiot standing in front of me.

"Ow!" He says rubbing over his chest, where the water balloon had hit him. Yes, I have a mean throw. As he looks at me, his eyes widen and turn a shade darker. He slowly takes his time in looking me up and down. "I guess puberty hit you the right way, cause damn girl." He says in a husky voice, that's got goosebumps to rise and the blood vessels in my face to go crazy.

I look down at myself and notice that my white t-shirt is gone see through. I'm such an idiot, who in their right mind wears a white t-shirt to a water fight? Me, who else? Play it cool Mel, just play it cool. I slowly take a step towards him and run my finger down his arm, I hear him catch his breath. "Well, what can I say I was born hot, you just never noticed." I state confidently.

"Malia, come here." I hear Jesse cry. I quickly run to him, the battle isn't over.