Chapter 32

The fall was pretty cool, until I hit rock bottom that is. Various thoughts went through my mind and the wind slapped against my face. A branch or two scratched me up, but those are scars whose tales I'll boast of.

I didn't scream, I was calm, enjoying the fall. The rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins and the head rush, caused me to embrace my fall. Until-

"Ouch." I groan in pain, when my leg stumps on a tree. But I passed too quick to get a hold of it. Was I awaiting an impending death? Nah, the clear blue-green water below was anything but threatening. If Nana could jump off and survive without a scratch, it'll be utter humiliation if I don't make it. As I neared the water, I held my breath. Splash! The water stung the parts where the branches scratched up and hitting the water with such immense force kind of hurt, but no one's gonna know that.

"Mel!" "Lia!" Scared and loud cries rang out. It's high time I got back to them for the enchanted cave fiasco. I lay on the rock, grabbed a purple flower near by that gave out a thick purple liquid when crushed. I crushed a few, and smeared it on parts of my body, I then took a tiny rock and scrubbed it against the rock I was lying on, until I obtained powder. I patted it over the purple smears, effectively making it look like bruises. There's no blood but this will do. I lay still as the dead on the rock, waiting for them to find me.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes to hours but there was no sign of them and I unfortunately let go of my food packet during the fall. My body was placed awkwardly to make it look like I broke a bone or two, so the wait made it very uncomfortable and parts of my body was starting to hurt. I open my eyes to take a peek at where my two so called rescuers were. I open my eyes to meet two grinning faces hovering over my face.

"If you're done playing dead, let's get a move on." Shane says, as he dusts himself off and rises. He turns around to me and says, "Oh and don't expect enough to piggyback you to the car."

I huff, not saying a word. Ryan smirks like the jerk he is and slings an arm over my shoulder. "A word of advice, next time you scratch two rocks up try making lesser noise. If you hadn't made so much noise and we hadn't seen you, we would have totally fallen for the act." He raises my hand to eye level admiring my handiwork. "Pretty good if you ask me, it almost looks real."

I shrug it off, not talking. I had made up my mind to not talk to them because they watched me lie in that painful position for over an hour. I will not forgive such heartless and senseless acts.

"Oh and the food you stole from us didn't fall out of the bag when it hit the ground, so the two of us took the liberty of finishing it while you lay 'dead'." He said air quoting dead.

The audacity of the two boys! This is food and no one comes between me and my food! I will get revenge at all costs. We start walking towards the car and once we reach there I change directions and start walking towards home. I don't care how long it's going to take or even if I have to hitch a ride but I will not succumb to having any sort of relationship with them, atleast for a day or two. I had made up my mind.

Only after they buckled in and started the engine did they realize that I was walking. Shane drives up  until he's beside me and honks, "Get in the car Mel. I don't have time for your drama."

I stick to my resolve to not talk to them and just shrug my shoulders and continue to walk. Shane drives alongside me honking so much that I think my ears are going to start bleeding. I cover my ears and give him the death glare, which just causes him to honk even more. After ten whole minutes of torture, a driver passes by and stops his car. "Are these boys troubling you?"

What a nice gentleman. I nod my head in confirmation. He parks his car in front of Shane's and knocks on the window, "You should probably leave her alone."