Chapter 24

After we finished breakfast and had a long argument on who should pay the bill. I insisted I should and he insisted he should. He won, minor setback that I didn't have any money on me. He needn't know that. Anyway, after all that we headed to the skating rink.

"I thought we were going skateboarding." I whine. This was not what I signed up for.

"I said skating. I never said anything about skateboarding." He explains.

"Well this is a sport for kids below ten. Do I look like I'm below ten to you?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and stomping my feet.

"Well, actually-" He starts but I cut him off.

"Don't answer that question. I know that you, like everyone else is going to say I don't look seventeen. Well haven't you heard? Don't judge a book by its cover? I may not look seventeen but I feel it." I huff and then turn to the fierce sexy guy behind the counter asking him. "Do I look seventeen to you?"

"Not seventeen, maybe thirteen." He shrugs casually and moves on to attend the customer on the other side of the counter.

"Well I'm seventeen. For my sake could you say that I look seventeen to the guy who's heading over here right now?" I plead.

"Sure." He agrees. "Hey mate, she looks seventeen." He says pointing at me. The only problem being, he wasn't talking to Ashton, he was talking to some old balding guy who was staring at me like I was insane.

Once the old man left. "I was talking about this guy not someone old enough to be my dad." I say pointing at Ashton, who was looking at the exchange between us with confusion.

"Okay. Mate, your girlfriend looks seventeen. Stop picking on her or she'll leave you pretty soon and then I'll sweep her off her feet." He says to Ashton cleaning a shoe.

I roll my eyes. The guy was talking about sweeping me off my feet, how charming. But who cleans a shoe while saying something so nice?

"She isn't my girlfriend. She's yours for the sweeping." He winks to the guy behind the counter, as he hands him a pair of skates. "And next time you talk about sweeping a girl off her feet, don't act so nonchalant."

"A size five please." I request.

"So you're single?" He asks handing me a pair of skates as he takes my shoe.

"Yup." I agree as I try on my skates sitting on the counter. I hop off and add, "But I don't like the sweet ones."

I catch up to Ashton. "Thanks for abandoning me."

"The word you're looking for is mutiny." He smirks.

I scrunch my nose up in disgust. "Don't smirk, you remind me of Ryan. Thinking of Ryan, I wonder who kidnapped him and why they didn't take me. And did you hear the guy behind the counter? I look seventeen." I say as I stick my tongue out at him.

"Yeah I heard that. I wasn't talking about how old you look, maybe that too, but I was speaking about how you don't behave seventeen either." He says as he whizzes past me, choosing to ignore my comment on me not being kidnapped.

"I don't know how to skate, so stop mutinizing me." I yell, he was already at the other end of the skate rink.

He continues skating casually as I stand rooted to my spot as people whizz past me. Once he reaches me, he whispers, "I thought even ten year olds could do this. And mutinizing?"

"Well I'm five at heart so I don't know. How do you think words are added to the dictionary? Brilliant people like me invent them." I huff.

He stops skating and smirks at me. "You just contradicted your previous statement."