Chapter 26: I'll Do Anything

Something was up.

Evan was up to something, she was sure of it

On day one she received a menu from the restaurant where she had  first date. It made her remember how nervous she was. She shook her head sitting behind the desk in her office, remembering how he'd kissed her in the limosine and then when he took her home. It was their first date but she had begun to fall head over heels for him.

On day two, she received red roses that completely overtook her office. She gasped as the men The note on one arrangement simply said.

For every cold shower you made me take.

Day three went smoothly until she saw a condom on her desk with a silly message. 

Because I saw you take those condoms from the club...

Day four, she found a letter sitting on her desk which she read, then tucked away for safe keeping. It burned her heart to read it. She spent an hour just staring at the envelope before ripping it open. She re-read and re-read.

 Cassie,

From the moment I met you, I knew you were destined for me. Something about you appealed to everything I was looking for in a woman, someone I could see spending my life with. You let me in even when you were scared and I watched you blossom before me. 

But I was guilty of one thing and one thing only. I closed you out, even though you had my love. I chose work over you and I wasn't there when you needed me. I took you for granted until I saw you leave me, then I knew I messed up big time.

I don't just want you to come back to me because you're pregnant and carrying my children. I want you to know in your heart that you want to be with me. I promise to never take you for granted again, my love.

It isn't everyday that a man admits he needs a woman in his life to keep him going and I have never admitted such but I will admit it now. I need you. I love you. And I'll do anything to get you back.

Love Always...

Evan

It took her all day to get the permanent stain from her cheeks. She picked up the phone and dialled his number breathing out slowly. It was day five and nothing had come. "Hey, I was waiting for you to call me. Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine. I'm just waiting to see what you're going to drop off today,"

"Maybe it's something you have to come to. Come over to the house at six, I'll be waiting for you," He disconnected the call after saying hurried goodbyes. Just as she was about to shake off the invitation, Leti walked into her office nomming on one of the stolen soft cookie lollipops.

"Did you pay for that?" She asked smugly.

"Not really. I'm family now, I can officially steal your cookies as much as I want to," She stuck her tongue out at Cassie, taking a huge bite of one of her oatmeal pops. "That's not the reason why I'm here though Cassiekins. How are you holding up? I know being along during your pregnancy especially your first has to be extremely hard,"

Cassie smiled. "I'm not alone Leti, Evan's been there, maybe not all the time but he's definately stepping up his game. Then I have my parents and my family to help out. I'm doing okay," Somewhere in the middle of the chaos,she found her strength and learned she could do things on her own too sometimes.

"Do you still love him?"

Cassie didn't need to think about it. "I do. I love him so much it hurts but I don't know if we should get back together or not," She folded her arms in front of her chest. "I guess I should figure it out. He invited me over to the house. To see what I'm not quite sure," She tried to smile but it wasn't coming.