Chapter 18:Birthday Wishes

(I just re-ordered the chapters so this comes first. Can anyone say Team Caven)

"Good morning," Cassie opened her eyes to see Evan smiling down at her. She smiled then sulked remembering what today was. Today was the day when another passed and she wasn't closer to her dreams. Sure, now she had a man who cared about her, but as she watched all her friends from college having children and settling down, she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. She wanted a white wedding too...she wanted a baby too.

 "Happy birthday sweetheart," His arms were under her as he carried her from the bedroom into the dining room, kissing her all the while. There was nothing better than being kissed awake even though at this did not take her mind off the fact that she was feeling awfully maternal these days. As she and Evan took care of Alice, their relationship had begun to feel more concrete. Somehow as they watched and took care of his neice, the worst six months had become the best six months. He didn't rush her emotions, but she could feel he loved her. She was afraid to let him love her.

 "Thank you," She snuggled against him, sighing when he kissed her, before she could protest about morning breath. She self consciously covered her mouth when his lips finally came off hers. He laughed setting her down on her feet, keeping her pressed up against his large body.

"I love everything about you... even your morning breath," He stroked her cheek taking her hands in his and kissing them both. She blushed like crazy as he nuzzled her neck, but she felt instantly sick to her stomach. 

 "What are you wearing? Is that cologne?" She pulled away gagging as she got a good whif of his cologne. It smelt like poo, the one she usually found so hot on him. Something was wrong with her...she was losing it.

 He looked hurt as she gagged again, this time getting a good whiff of the food which looked good but smelt worse than his cologne. "I'm sorry. I can't eat this," She stormed past him, walking back to the bedroom and sitting on the bed.

Her body was going wacky...she was deathly scared now...

"Baby, are you alright?" She wrapped her arms around herself, smiling weakly when he sat next to her on the bed, giving her a worried look. In her head, she registered it all...

Baby...

Baby...

Oh holy crap, she was cooked...

"I'm fine. I'm just not feeling well..." Before the words were out, she was running for the bathroom and threw up everything but her brain. Evan joined her in the bathroom, looking extremely macho in the bathroom which she had taken over with all of her female items. 

Neither of them said anything for a while, but without warning, he left her in the bathroom. She heard noises in the distance, the movement of feet through the penthouse. She leant against the cool wall, knowing what her body was telling her. 

She was pregnant...

When he reappeared in the bathroom, she had showered, brushed her teeth for the 100th time and was wearing his robe, which almost drowned her. "I'm sorry that I ruined your suprise," She noticed he had a shower as well and the smell of perfume was no longer on his skin. The smile she loved was back and she ran her hands through his damp hair, his blonde hair darkened by the water from the shower.

 "I have another one for you later so it's fine," He kissed her cheek loudly, laughing when she groaned. She hated suprises,especially his, since he never would give on what he was up to until the moment when he laid the suprise on her. Like the weekend, he had whisked her off to Mexico in the middle of her wedding madness leaving one client to threaten to call her "Daddy" to close down her bakery.