Chapter 25: Lamazing

A month had passed since she walked out on Evan.

Work only kept her busy for a while, but every time, she saw him it was almost too much for her to take.  He showed up for every doctor's appointment so far, but she wasn't counting on seeing him for her first lamaze class. As she got changed into her sweats, she felt a kick, so strong it made her lean against the lockers for support.

"I remembered when that happened to me with my first child Aubrey," A petite woman came towards her, introducing herself. Her name was Meghan and she was the instructor for the class. "I'm guessing this is your first child anyways," Cassie nodded, her hand going to her stomach. The other women in the class all had small stomachs but her's was borderline Good Year blimp.

"Triplets. And yes it's my first pregnancy," She giggled then gasped as Meghan dragged her over a another group of women all sporting larder tummies like her. Immediately she found herself feeling at home with these other women, who knew what swollen ankles and backpain really felt like. One of them pulled her in for a hug immediately.

"This is the trippies group. Suzanna here already has a set of triplets and is now on tripples two, and Flo and Meg C are first time tripplers like you," Both women hugged her in tern... or tried to. It was more like belly hugging, their arms almost never reached each other.

"Well, I think I see the guys," Flo, Meghan and Meg C left her going to go greet their partners. Evan wasn't coming, she though as she walked back over to the locker where she had put her clothes in and opened it sighing heavily.

"Sorry to keep you waiting sweet cheeks," She blushed as she heard the nickname he'd given to her when they first met. She close the locker loudly, turning to face him, trying to keep her poker face going. He looked oddly at ease, wearing gym clothes, taking both of her hands in his and kissing them.

 "It's fine. The class hasn't even started yet. Still waiting for the other husbands and boyfriends  to get here, " She couldn't help but let that blush slip out. She felt a light flutter again and smile taking his hand. "Feel this," She moved his hand to the spot where she felt the kicking before, laughing when he looked like he was going to pass out again.

"I can't lift you," She joked then realized it was still not her ideal situation. They weren't together anymore. She smile left her face.

"This is amazing," He kneeled before her, his heart filled with pride.

"I can't wait to meet you guys," She sniffled as her eyes brimmed with tears. The sweetness of this moment was making her fall apart. That and hungry. A jumbo milshake was calling her name.

  "Are you okay?"

She shook her head, wiping the tears from her eyes for the hundreth time. "I'm fine," The look she got let her know he didn't believe a word she said. "Really, I'm fine okay," She turned her back to him leaning against the locker. Her back bloody hurt and the babies were having a fiesta in her stomach.

"Don't lie to me Cassie. You've never been good at it," He made her face him as he lowered his head down to hers so that their foreheads touched. If she moved a fraction, his lips would be on hers. She needed to feel them so badly that she almost cursed aloud.

 "I....I...I... can't do this,"

"Do what Cassie?" He teased tracing the shape of her lips with his finger. "As much as you hate me right now, I have a lingering need to kiss you.You're making my blood boil with wanting you," She looked up at him and that was all it took. He kissed her, as she had wanted him to, hot and heavy and incredibly urgent.

"Evan...you're making this harder on me," It was the first thing she said when he released her lips from his captivating caresses. "I can't be your second choice," She found the strength to push him away, slipping out of his embrace.