Chapter 16:Breathe (Bonus Chapter)

(Listen to the song on the side. It's awesome sauce)

Cassie had to hold onto Evan with every ounce of her strength as they entered the tiny room where the young men who were responsible for Alice and Oliver being in the hospital were being interrogated. Immediately, she saw Dean Trent, her brother's best friend and detective, with his arms folded over his muscular chest. "Hey Cassie... you must be Mr Gillies," He turned his attention over to Evan, and for once she didn't know what mood to expect from him.

   In between the boys was a lawyer, who looked a few years older than them, minus the drugs and the steroids. She introduced herself as Rebecca Canis; she knew the name well from the young lawyer's infamous cases since passing the bar. She'd seen her face murderer's and crime bosses but she looked unhinged handling this mere assault case.

"I'm Alice Gillies uncle,"  

"I'm Rebecca Canis, I am representing the young men seated before you. My clients deny any altercation between Ms.Gillies and Mr. Jackson. While they've said what happened to Ms. Gillies as unfortunate, they know nothing about how they got injured. There is no just cause for them to be questioned like this," She tapped her pen against the pad in front of her where she had been jotting down notes during the interrogation.

 Evan growled startling everyone in the room. Her grasp on him grew tighter.

"Can we have a minute?" She looked at her friend apologetically and she saw a faint smile...a weak one but still if the roles were reversed she knew that Dean would respond the exact same way.

"Take all the time you need. We're not going anywhere,"

 Cassie used her powers of persuasion to get Evan out of the room. Once outside of the room, she glared him down, planting her hands on her hips sticking her lip out as she always did when she wanted to have her way. "I know you're angry but I want you to stay calm in there. This hotshot lawyer wants nothing more than to use some excuse to get this case thrown out. C'mon baby, we've gotta keep it together," She looked up into his cold hard gaze, he was unresponsive at first...but then he gave her a smile that melted her insides.

 "So I'm your baby now?" He looped his fingers in her belt tab and pulled her into him. She blushed and she felt his fingers on the light dust of freckles above her nose that she usually hid with makeup. She hated them, but he had a developed a thing for them, asking her not to cover them up with makeup.

 "Maybe..." Her voice trailed off as he kissed her and she stood on tiptoe to accept the warm lips on hers. 

"I thought I was your man?" His lips left hers for an instant then recaptured them just as she was about to answer

 She moaned against his lips as he captured them again, wanting him so badly that she would more likely serve a sentence for indecent exposure and have her way with him inside the police station than to not have him in this instant.

  "You are," Her voice dripped desire and surging need.

"If I don't stop kissing you, I'm going to make you my baby momma in the damned police station," He kissed her one more time and held her close, as they both regained their composure. She laughed knowing it'd be impossible since he had been there in the doctor's office when she'd gotten her monthly injection, which before now had no use other than to prevent her painful monthly menstrual cycles, but now prevented her from getting pregnant.

 She had thought about having Evan's child more than once in the last few days, espcially after her doctor's appointment which he had scheduled into his busy day which her car was being serviced. Her cheeks burned by the thoughts having her stomach grow rounder as it cradled the precious life they would create. She shook it from her head before he could notice. It was way too premature for those thoughts.