(SERIES) (For safeties sake) (3) (My new and only child)

I'm happy to say that this is now a series. Your guy's input for future parts are greatly appreciated.

Enjoy...

Alexios now had a big decision to make. Right now, you were asleep in your carrier while Alexios was sailing the ship. Barnabas ordered the crew to not sing songs so they wouldn't disturb your slumber. The waves would make the ship rock back and forth which was perfect for you to sleep more peacefully. Alexios was sailing towards his next objective in Athens. He was planning to head back to Athens to assist Perikles. When he finally docked he rode on Phobos to reach Athens only to see Athens falling victim to an outbreak of illnesses. Alexios was doing everything he could to limit the exposure of the illness since it would, obviously, be more deadly to you. There were bodies being burned, people vomiting and in serious pain and dogs being violent to people.

While Alexios was still trying to get to Perickles's home, Phoibe ran into him and said, "Alexios! Your back! Go to run, sorry".

"Wait! Where"?

"I'll be right back. See you at Aspasia's"!

As Phoibe ran off, Alexios said to himself, "Sometimes I think you are too much like me". Alexios then looked down to see you awake and smiling at you. While he was delighted, he couldn't ignore the obvious. With a sickness in Athens, he had to get you somewhere safe. He then figured it would be best to leave you with Aspasia for the time being. "Come (Y/n), you can meet Phoibe later". Alexios quickly made his way to the Perikles residence and found Aspasia awaiting nervously.

When Aspasia saw Alexios, she looked relieved and quickly noticed the little bundle held in place on his chest. Even though she had seen you before, now was not the time to talk about it. "Aspasia".

"Oh, Alexios. You've returned to Athens. What's left of Athens. The world we've built is crumbling at our feet".

"It's bleak, but it hasn't killed you" Alexios said.

"You're right. But everything Perikles has built is being destroyed. It's chaos outside these walls. People have forgotten how to be people".

"I came to talk to you", Alexios said as he was preparing to ask Aspasia one of the questions he had for her which involved his mother and you. "I found out some things about my mother. Her name, her ship..."

"Alexios, its not the time. Perikles is dying. He won't see me. He won't let Hippokrates in his room... He only babbles about going to his precious Parthenon".

"Perikles is a strong man. I'm sure he can fight the sickness" Alexios said.

"You heard the mob. He can't defend himself. He'll die with no glory" Aspasia said with a tear falling from her eye.

"Athens has known him a lot longer than they've known this plague. He gave them a voice. His accomplishments will speak for him".

Aspasia sighed and said, "Perikles needs treatment and the gods know he won't let me in. He respects you. Could you go to him"?

"I could try. But, I need you to watch over (Y/n). The sickness will continue to spread and I don't want her to become ill".

"If you do go to Perikles, I will watch over (Y/n) as if she's my own and I will make time to talk about your mother. For now, he needs your help". Alexios nodded and undid the baby carrier and handed you off to Aspasia. Alexios then went up the house to go Perikles's door. Aspasia looked at you and smiled at how cute you were and how lucky you are. She gently rocked you back and forth to ease you. Although it worked on you, she wished she had something to ease her of Perikles. Alexios was helping her but what if it's not enough?

Alexios did everything he was supposed to do. He went and gave the medicine to Perikles, who spoke to Alexios to say how much of a failure he felt to let this outcome happen to Athens. Alexios kept trying to tell him that it wasn't his fault that this happened but it still seemed helpless to convince him. He only wanted to go to the Parthenon but there were more pressing and obvious things at hand. Since he was finished with his said task, he went back to Aspasia but was interrupted by the fact that Phoibe was now missing.

This worried Alexios and he only said to Aspasia to watch over you since he left immediately to find you. He search the areas of where she was supposed to be but then heard a blood curdling scream from the temple. He knew it was Phoibes scream.

"NOO"!

Alexios rushed inside and saw the cultists and immediately started to kill them. He took a couple glances at Phoibe and only saw her lifeless body. Once the last cultist was dead, he rushed over to Phoibe to see if there was any hope that she was alive. Alexios begged and begged for Phoibe to awake but to no avail. He couldn't believe that this was happening and sobbed. "Earth, mother of all. I greet you". Alexios kissed her head and left her wooden eagle in her lap.

Suddenly, his eyes widened. "(Y/n)"!? He was about to rush out of the temple but was stopped by Sokrates and Hippokrates. "I need to get to Aspasia, now"! Alexios rushed past them and ignored their calls. He ran all the way back to Perikles's house and she wasn't there. Alexios was panicking like crazy and rushed to the Parthenon since that was the only place he had left to check. He reached the Parthenon and saw Aspasia anxiously awaiting for Alexios.

Alexios didn't waste another second and sprinted towards her in anger. "Give me my child, now"!

"Alexios!? What's wrong"?

Alexios pulled out his sword and repeated himself again. Aspasia was shocked that he would do this and quickly complied with his order. Alexios put his sword and snatched you from Aspasia. "(Y/n)? It's alright. It's alright, pater's (father's) here now. Are you alright"? Alexios kissed your forehead to rid you of feeling unsafe but then he soon brought his gaze back to Aspasia. "Phoibes dead... BECAUSE OF YOU"! Alexios pulled out his spear and Aspasia backed up as against the wall.

"Alexios! I never had anything to do with that"! Alexios didn't believe her and still held his stance but not for long since there was some commotion that was heard from inside the Parthenon. "Perikles"!

To be continued...

Author's notes:

Ok. As I've said at the beginning of this one shot, your guy's input for future parts are greatly appreciated. The next one shot will be the one hundredth which means that the request poll will reopen.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊