(REQUEST) (Overprotective) (Altaïr X Child! Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO Fanfictionidiot FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. ANY OTHER REQUESTS ARE ALLOWED.

The chill of the cold breeze caressed your skin as you huddled between two houses. What else is there to say? Living like this is all you remember. You Had no idea who your parents were and no idea between the difference of right and wrong. But it's not your fault.

Today was a rainy day and you wandered up to the largest building in the village and admired the height and exterior detail. People would look at you with the general sense of curiosity. People were not quite too sure what to do about your situation other than give food and water but as for housing was another thing. People never gave money since they felt like it would be a waste, so there was that obvious instinct to keep the money the people earned and just give food and water.

People were also worried about housing you since they were too worried about you stealing inside their homes. You didn't care about all of these things, all you cared about was the food and water. But as for a house, this tower, in your mind, would be perfect for you. It seems secure, warm and well respected. You wandered inside the gates and saw some people in a enclosed area fighting.

You got a bit closer until you were only ten feet from the fence surrounding them. They were using swords and kept trying to strike each other. It was amusing and the people in the ring made it look so easy. Although, there is a good reason why the fence is put up. To keep people safe. But who could blame you? You were an innocent minded child and didn't know the rules.

The two people who were sword fighting kept fighting until one of them knocked the sword out of the others hand. It went up and was about to hit your head. You covered your head but didn't feel the weapon hit your head. You uncovered your head and looked to see a tall man in white robes with a few traces of red, but it was mostly white. He had a distinctive scar on his lip and he was looking at you with worry.

"Are you alright"? You kept looking at him and didn't respond since you weren't taught how to speak properly. "Altaïr, she's the young child that the people talk about" said one of the Assassins. Altaïr nodded but was still concerned for you. "Come inside, we'll get you out of the rain".

He held out his hand for you to take and when you took it, you felt safe and happy. Altaïr led you to the tower and the inside was incredible. There were a couple assassins around but they were doing their own thing. Altaïr led you up the stairs to a table.

He picked you up and sat you on the table. "Are you injured anywhere"? You shook your head but your stomach started to growl. Altaïr heard this and knew what it was like to be hungry for long periods of time. He was always busy and didn't have time to satisfy one of the most important needs that every human needs. Food.

Altaïr smiled at you and said, "I think someones hungry, huh"? You nodded and he said, "You wait right here, I'll go get some...". He looked over and saw the other Assassins standing around. Which would've been fine but for some reason, he didn't trust the others to be around you.

Altaïr took you off the table and held you tightly to him in fear. He went to the nearest food supply and took some bread and meat. He sat you back on a table and held out the meat in his hand for you to take. You took it and started to eat it with delight and you smiled at him to show gratitude. This made him smile back and then footsteps were heard coming towards the room. Altaïr quickly took you in his arms and it was revealed to be Malik.

"Who's child is that"? Altaïr held you tighter and said, "The child was left alone in the rain. I wasn't going to leave it". Malik seemed to understand a little bit, but wasn't convinced of the idea of having a child in the Assassin building. "She doesn't have any family in the village. I'm not leaving her to die" Altaïr said in a threating way.