(REQUEST) (Don't judge by appearance) (Haytham Kenway X Reader)

SHOUT OUT TO anominiss FOR REQUESTING THIS NEXT CHAPTER. REQUESTS ARE CLOSED FOR NOW.

This one shot is told through Haythams p.o.v.

"I am no bad man.

I am a man who leads with purpose, order and direction.

This is one of the reasons that I am grandmaster. The Assassins may never understand our purpose but they should at least understand that we don't intend harm. Perhaps our old brothers had that mindset but after all this time, I realize that we, the Templars, can have peace but the Assassins see this as the downfall of humanity and losing free will. We intend to fix it without problems but, as I already said, the Assassins think it's horrible and inhumane.

If only they understood. I am still trying to convince my son, Connor, that we are not bad people but I still believe that we can compromise and help each other with understanding our purpose and so I can have some quality time with my son. Connor is truly gifted with his skill but is still a boy. But if I may, I wish to think that I am also gifted. Not with skill but with another person. A woman.

This woman, unlike Ziio, filled a deep void that I didn't know I possessed. She, just like many others, didn't know anything about the Templars or the Assassins for that matter. She was innocent and bright. The exact opposite of me but I feel as if she was meant to run into me.

Three years ago, I was out for a midnight stroll in Boston when a woman ran into my arms. Fear and blood painted her features as she looked at me with mercy. She begged for help as red coats were still pursuing her. She wanted me to kill them and even though the red coats are on our side, I complied with her request. Each kill made her very satisfied and when it was over, she asked me kindly if I would accompany her home, to which I gladly accepted. She had quite the backstory, if I may be honest. She was an orphan from Maryland and was seeking a new life. A life in which she wished was a peaceful one with one that she viewed as her soulmate.

After some time, we began getting closer and I was not quite ready to introduce her to Connor but fate decided that Connor would find us speaking together when we had to find Benjamin Church. For her sake, I told Connor that she was just a local wondering what was going on. Connor was hesitant in believing me but disregarded it and moved onto what we had to accomplish. For obvious reasons, I couldn't bring her with us since I was worried about her well being. Luckily she obeyed my command but I could tell she was angry that she had to stay behind but I'm just happy that she's safe.

As time went by, we knew that our love was indescribable. I finally introduced her to Connor more properly and of course he didn't trust her but when he learned she wasn't neither a Templar or an Assassin, he seemed to relax for a short amount of time. He learned she was my soulmate. The thought of it made him curious and mad. He felt as if I was betraying Ziio and forgetting everything that happened. I objected to this and exclaimed that I had the right to be happy with who I loved. Connor once again brings up the fact that Ziio died because of the Templars and that she would be next.

I would never let that happen. I would give her the protection she needed. Everything. Connor left but gave me the look of disapproval and walked away. I didn't even bother with catching up to him because it would be a waste of time. After that incident, I took her home and reassured her that I would keep her safe. She believed me and took me inside her home. What happened that night eased my nerves and was worth every second. It made our love boom with joy and pleasure. It sealed our love with a promise.

One she and I will never forget.

I hope that one day she will find this letter and know just how much she means to me. I love her so much.

I love you, (Y/n)

-Haytham Kenway".

You lowered the letter by your side and stared at the grave of your lover. You couldn't wrap your head around this and felt the tears build up in your eyes. "(Y/n)"? You turned around and saw Connor walking towards you with concern. He then saw the grave and didn't want to tell you the unfortunate events that took place. He then sees the obvious thing about you.

Your belly.

It was a bit round large and he knew instantly what it was. "I'm sorry".

"It's ok. I just don't know what to do. I planned to move in with him but now I can't. My house has already been sold and I don't have much money". You held your belly and said "We'll find a way. I promise". Connor felt so bad and knew he had to seek redemption somehow. He placed a hand on your shoulder and said, "Come with me. You may stay at the manor".

"I thought you didn't trust me".

"I do trust you, I was just nervous about what my father would've done to you to put you in danger. I was angry at him". You understood and followed Connor as he led you to his horse. He carefully picked you up and placed you on his horse and climbed up to ride off to the homestead. He knew that his redemption would consist of taking care of you since it seemed you were due to give birth soon. He knew this and vowed to follow through with this promise.

After three months, Connor rushed the doctor to the homestead and after a grueling amount of painful contractions, your son was born. Connor was with you the whole time and almost broke out into tears. Your son was beautiful and when he opened his eyes, you almost cried again at what you saw. He had Haythams eyes. Even Connor agreed on this and he didn't seem mad about that. "What will you name him"?

"He looks like him. It seems fair to name him Haytham". Connor wasn't angry at all. He liked the name and also knew that the naming rights belonged to you. You offered Connor the chance to hold him and while he was hesitant, he gave in and held your son with the fear that he would drop him. His grip on the newborn was a bit tight but he couldn't describe the feeling of love and happiness he was feeling. He was proud to have a brother. Even though it was a half brother.

No matter where he came from or who his father was, he loved him.

Author's notes:

Ok, here you go anominiss. You have every right to be mad at me for this taking seven months to do. I don't blame you. I'm so sorry ×1000. We're getting closer to one hundred one shots. I don't know why I keep saying that. I guess I just have to keep reminding you guys for some reason.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊