(The Huntsman) (Connor Kenway X Reader)

*Originally called "the silent yet handsome killer"*

(F/c)= favorite color
(H/c)= hair color
(Y/n)= your name

You were out by the creek enjoying as much free time as you could due to the red coats increasing number of soilders. You sat on a rock reading an old book in your (f/c) dress. Your (h/c) hair was all nicely put up in braids and your (f/c) bag of nourishments were on the ground beside you. You were from Boston and always came to this spot, which was a nice big oak tree overlooking a lake in the shade next to a large boulder. You came here whenever you wanted to be alone or just enjoy the beautiful scenery of the frontier.

You enjoyed the peace and quiet of your valuable free time. It was extremely exhilarating to be able to get away from all the drama in Boston. Just as you were about to leave, you hear from the distance the sound of the red coats drums, and it was coming towards you.

That was the push you needed to hurry back home. You grabbed your belongings and started walking down the dirt road that lead to Boston. Not even five minutes went by when you felt arms pull you. You whipped around to see red coats. "Let go of me".

"What are you going to do about it" asked the general. You took the initiative and stomped the general's foot. He yelled in pain and let go of you. You darted off in the direction of where the road would lead to Boston. Even though you loved the frontier, sometimes you didn't like it.

There was a stick in the middle of the dirt road that made you fall in dirt, ruining your dress. You looked up from where you were on the dirt and the same red coats were now aiming at you with their muskets. Tears began to flood in your eyes. You didn't want to die.

"Any last wor-". A red coat started gurgling and was lifted from the ground and was hanged from a branch on a tree. The red coats froze and aimed their weapons in every direction. The general forcefully grabbed you by the neck and flipped you around with a small dagger resting on your neck.

"COME OUT NOW OR ELSE SHE DIES" yelled the general. There was silence. You were now crying tears of fear. There was a gunshot heard and the general fell to the ground. The red coats froze once again. A smoke bomb was thrown and you couldn't see anything but white smoke. You coughed and coughed. When the smoke cleared, all the red coats were dead. You were so scared that you thought you were going to die next. You look around at all the dead red coats and you were still crying.

"Are you alright" asked a warm and deep voice. You whipped around to see a man who looked to be a Native American with white robes, with some blue and red. He had some weapons on his belt. He also had some small braids that were noticabale through his hood that was barely covering his face. His brown eyes were not leaving you as he was concerned that these dumb red coats had hurt you.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me". You wiped your eyes from the salty tears that continued to swell up in your eyes. "What are you doing out here"? He came closer to your person and you got a tad bit more nervous since you still don't know who this man is. "I always come to the frontier for my free time or if I choose to get away from all the red coats". You picked up your bag from the dirt. "Are you sure that they didn't hurt you".

"I'm positive. What's your name, if I may ask"?

"Connor".

"It's a pleasure to meet you Connor, my name's (y/n)".

"You shouldn't be out here, the red coats are increasing in numbers and are building more forts near here", said Connor "It may be best for you to head home".

"Would you escort me home then" you asked politely. There was something about your voice that made Connor do what you pleased. He nodded and offered his arm out to you. You giggled lightly and excepted his offer.

On the way home, you both were talking and enjoying each othter's company. You both finally made it back to your house but you didn't want to say goodbye so soon, but then again, you two just met. Yet, there's a spark going off in your heart. "Thank you Connor for the escort". He smiled, and so did you. "Will I ever see you again" asked Connor. You blushed. "Yes. You can come back at anytime you wish".

"I'll see you soon (y/n)". He then started walking off as you went inside your house. You leaned against the door and began to slowly fall to the floor. I think you have a huge crush on him.

Author's note's:

So, here's the first one shot. No one requested this, it was written to start off the book.

Sorry for any typos that you discover.

Please leave a vote and make sure to follow me for future updates!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed, bye bye 😊