"Sure," she said simply. "Who's your friend?"

"Uhm his name is Logan."

"Logan?" Now it was Demi's turn to raise her eyebrows. "So do you like this guy?"

I jokingly punched her in the arm. "No, he's just a friend." But he was cute. "Well, for now anyways."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening Demi dropped me off at the beach where Logan had texted me to meet him. I sat on the bench and waited for him to come.

"Hey, stranger." A guy said sitting next to me.

"Hey yourself," I nudged Logan in the shoulder. We both laughed.

His smile was mysterious, yet sexy. I don't think all girls would be attracted to him. But there was something about his blue eyes that screamed for the depths of my soul. Something that pulled me into his ocean. "Come on," he said. "I have a place where we can go."

I followed him down the beach until we got to this cave like place. "What is this?"

"No one ever comes here besides my friends and a few college people. We call it The Wayside."

He lit his pipe and handed it to me. "These are more like shots compared to just smoking it like a cigarette." 

"My boyfriend had one of these," I smiled at the memory. "Damn this is great."

Logan's smile disappeared as I handed him the pipe. "You have a boyfriend?"

"He's my ex," I laughed. Taking another swig from the pipe. "Don't worry."

It took about fifteen minutes before we were higher than the Empire State. Demi would kill me if she found out. "Let's go swimming," Logan took my hand and led me into the water. He pulled of my shirt and I took off my shorts, leaving me in a dark blue bikini. 

The water felt like jello and we laughed till the sun went down. I don't even think I've laughed this much with Demi. I had forgotten about everything. Forgotten about my past, about Demi, about Dianna...about everything. Until Logan spoke up.

He took my arm in his hands. "Valerie, what are these?"

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. I had totally forgot. Being lost in Logan's eyes made me forget my troubles. He was trouble, sure. But he also cared. I mean, who else would have chased after me like that? And apologized? Cole apologized a lot. But did he ever even mean it?

Again, he took my hand and led me out of the water. We had been swimming for two hours and our high was starting to slowly wear off, well at least to the part where we could semi function. "You can talk to me. Valerie, I get it."

"You do?" A tear escaped from my right eye. He cupped my chin in his hands and whiped it away with his thumb.

"It's okay to cry, babe. And I know this will sound absolutely crazy but ever since I laid eyes on you I knew there would be some sort of connection in between us. I don't know what it is, but I can't get my insides to stop craving more of your beautiful face. And not just your face, every part of you is beautiful. Even those scars." He kissed every one on my arms. "But sweetheart, you don't need these to be beautiful."

Was I fucking dreaming? "No one has ever said something like that to me..." He leaned into kiss me. At first I kissed him back but then flashbacks from Cole came flooding in and I couldn't breathe. 

"Hey, you okay?" He said, pulling away. 

After catching my breath I responded. "I don't know... It's just." I tried to explain in between sobs. "The last relationship I was in wasn't good. The guy was abusive and I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship right now." His eyes told me that he was sad. I loved that I could tell his feeling just by staring into the ocean of his eyes. It was my favorite sea. "But that doesn't mean I don't have feelings for you. You know that connection you were talking about? I feel it too. And I want to keep that feeling. It's the only thing tat makes life feel worth living."

"I'll wait," he said calmly. "I'll wait till you're ready. Because baby, you are worth waiting for."

"That meas the wolrd to me. You have no idea-" I got cut off by my phone ringing. The caller ID read Demi. "I'm sorry, I really have to pick this up. Hello?"

"Valerie?" It was Wilmer's voice.

"Hey, is everything okay?"

"Come, quick. Your sister is in the hospital."

A/N
Hey everyone! Hope you like this chapter :) it means so much to me when you like and comment. I love hearing from you. And i'm interested in hearing some of your ideas. I need some ideas for Valerie and her school life, I already have some but I need more. So feel free to comment or message me.
You're all beautiful, never forget that. Stay strong, lovelies! 
Oh, P.S. sorry this isn't edited, I don't really have time to edit my chapters. Been super busy with school and other things...