CH 50 - His Loves, His World

Harry gripped Draco's hand tightly as Minerva called Caroline up to the front of the Hall.

"Caroline Malfoy-Potter." Draco squeezed his hand in reply and they watched as their daughter made her way up. She waved to them and Draco gave her a thumbs-up. Minerva gently placed the Sorting Hat on her head and Harry saw her wink at the girl. He smiled at Minerva as she waited. The Sorting Hat was mumbling in her ear but even from where they were sitting at the Head table they couldn't hear what it was saying. Harry looked over at Draco who grinned at him.

"Ravenclaw!" The Sorting Hat exclaimed, and Harry and Draco clapped almost as loudly as their students at the Ravenclaw table. She turned to them and smiled and then turned and ran off to find her seat at her house table.

"Cohen Malfoy-Potter," Minerva called out and they waved at Cohen as he came up to the stool as well. Minerva gave him the same wink she gave Caroline and he blushed, something Draco always joked he got from Harry. She placed the sorting hat on his head and Harry could see the folds moving as it thought.

"Ravenclaw!" it shouted again and Cohen turned and smiled up at them. Draco gave him a thumbs-up as well and Cohen ran off to join his sister at the Ravenclaw table. They gave each other a hug and sat side by side watching them watch them. Harry squeezed Draco's hand again. They looked over at Teddy at the Hufflepuff table and he was clapping hard as well, his Prefect's badge gleaming in the candlelight. Harry knew he was hoping that at least one of them would be a Hufflepuff. He winked up at them and Draco laughed. They turned their attention back to the feast and watched as their children began their wonderful journey at school.

Just before the students went to their dormitories, Harry and Draco made their way to the hall to meet Teddy, Caroline, and Cohen.

"Daddy! Papa!" Caroline ran at them and Teddy and Cohen followed behind.

"Ravenclaws! Are you excited?" Draco asked them, and Cohen nodded enthusiastically.

"I can't wait to start class! Papa, do you know the schedule? I'm so excited for Defense Against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration! Granma already said she had a fun lesson for our first class!" Cohen exclaimed and Harry smiled, sharing in his excitement. He and Draco had to take his books from him each night to ensure he didn't stay awake all night reading.

"She will alright. Our first class we were transfiguring things straight off, right?" Draco asked Harry and he nodded, happy at their delight.

"I'm excited for Herbology!" Caroline said and Harry shared another wink with Draco. Caroline was their little green thumb. Ever since she could walk she would bring all sorts of sprouts and plants home to grow on the window sill.

"I'm glad to hear that!" Neville came up behind them and both the kids gave him a great hug. "So Ravenclaw, huh? I was thinking at least one of you were going to be Gryffindor," he chuckled.

"Or a Slytherin," Draco added with a goofy smirk.

"I was holding out for Hufflepuff myself," Teddy laughed and Cohen nudged him with his elbow playfully and Teddy ruffled his hair. "I must say though, Ravenclaw is better for having the two of you," he said proudly. "I'll make sure they get up to bed," he said and Draco gave him a hug and a kiss and Teddy blushed, looking around. "Dad..." his neck was red and Harry laughed.

"Goodnight, Papa," Caroline and Cohen said in unison and Harry wrapped them in a great hug. Draco gave them each a hug and a kiss as well and Teddy hugged Harry.

"Night Pops," he said and he took Caroline and Cohen off to join the other Ravenclaws.

"I'll have to send an owl off to Mother to let her know."