CH 34 - It Was His Name, Written In Her Tidy Scrawl

The next morning Harry rolled over, put his glasses on, and watched Draco while he slept. He was never the first one awake and it was fascinating to see Draco so relaxed and peaceful. His face wasn't so angular when he was sleeping and his mouth almost curved into a smile. He would have kissed him but he didn't want to wake him just yet, he enjoyed watching him this way. He had very light hairs coming in on his chin and he smiled at the thought of the blond hairs that mingled with his dark ones last night. It had been a pivotal point in their relationship and Harry was more sure than ever that there was no turning back. He watched the heartbeat in the nape of his neck and he smiled; that heart loved him.

The sky was lightening, and he looked out the window at the pink glow and noticed an owl flying towards the house. He climbed gently out of bed and pulled on his shorts, moving to the window. As it got closer, he recognized the bird as one of the ones that belonged to the school. He quietly opened the window and the bird landed on the sill and held out it's leg. He untied the envelope and saw his name penned in purple ink in McGonagall's writing. He looked at Draco still sleeping, and he wandered out into the hall. He peeked in Teddy's door and saw he was still asleep as well, so he made his way downstairs. He sat down at the kitchen table and opened the letter, a smaller note tucked inside that one. He opened the first letter and began reading.

'Dear Harry,

Your aunt asked that I deliver this letter to you. She wasn't sure where to reach you, so I assured her I would get it to you safely. I hope your holiday has been pleasant and I look forward to seeing you back at school soon.

Enjoy the rest of your time off,

Professor McGonagall'

Harry carefully set the note down and picked up the other envelope. His fingers trembled as they passed over his name, written in Petunia's tidy handwriting. He took a deep breath and slid it open.

'Harry,

I'm sorry I couldn't speak with you when we met in the shop. I was stunned by your presence, and that of the other young man and the story he told us. I know the Christmas holiday will soon be ending and I would like to see you before you return to your school. Vernon will be out of town for the next few days on business. I would appreciate if you stopped by the house for a quick visit.

Please feel free to bring your friend from the shop. Drop a note back to let me know.

Sincerely, Aunt Petunia'

Harry read the note twice and then put it down, thinking. What in the world could she want to see him for? He heard the owl hooting and footsteps coming up behind him. Draco slid his arms around his shoulders and kissed him in the crook of his neck.

"Good morning, Harry. I missed waking up to you this morning. I was hoping we could have picked up where we left off last night," he whispered and slowly slid his hands a little farther south. He pressed another kiss on his neck and pulled back. "Are you alright?" Harry shrugged under his hands and held the note up for Draco to read over his shoulder. Draco finished reading with an 'Ah,' and then turned Harry around, watching him closely.

"Good morning," Harry whispered. He kissed Draco lightly and then held the letter up again.

"Are you going to go?"

"I don't know. I'm shocked by this, I must say. Never in my life would I have imagined she would want to see me again. I have no idea what she could want. I feel kind of like maybe this is something I should do."

"Well, if you did want to go, I'd be right there with you, if you'd like," Draco told him quietly.

"Yeah, I think that would be good. This morning ok? We'll be going back to school tomorrow so it's my last chance." Draco nodded and walked off to get Teddy who they could hear starting to babble in his room. Harry scrawled a quick reply and gave it back to the owl to deliver to his aunt.