CH 20 - "It's the Same Way I'd Like Someone to Look at Me One Day"

Sunday morning dawned bright and early and Harry rolled over and checked the time. He didn't have to be down to the quidditch pitch until eight. The sun was shining through the windows and promised good weather. He hoped it would be to their advantage, he desperately needed to get his team put together. He sat up in bed and notice both Ron and Neville were stirring as well.

"Great weather for try-outs, huh?" Ron said as he sat up.

"It is. And we better take advantage of it because our team is getting together today whether we're ready or not."

"Make it a good one, then," Neville chimed in. "I've bet Luna Gryffindor wins the House Cup this year." He sat up and stretched and looked at the window, his eyes narrowed. "Is that Draco Malfoy's owl?"

"It is," Ron said and he got up and went to the window. As soon as he opened the door, Orion flew straight to Harry and sat on his bed, leg outstretched. Harry quickly untied the note and patted Orion on the head.

"Anything wrong with that?" Harry asked Neville. He just shrugged and studied Harry.

"Is there something going on between you and Malfoy?" Neville watched him carefully, waiting for an answer.

"Neville, I don't think you're going to like what I have to say."

"Try me anyway," Neville challenged, crossing his arms behind his head.

"Well, when Draco was given the chance to come back to school, he jumped at it, just like the rest of us. He's a different person Neville, we all are. And through a weird chain of events, we've slowly become good friends. More than that, Neville." He paused here, waiting for Neville to react.

"I don't know if I'll ever like the guy, Harry, but I trust you. I just hope you're being smart."

"I am, and I thank you for your trust, Neville. I care too much for all of you to bring him around if I didn't trust him. But I want to be honest with you. I care for him, deeply, and in a way I can't really explain."

"I can explain it. I've seen the way you look at him, Harry. And I've seen the way he looks at you. It's the same way I want someone to look at me one day." Neville smiled a small smile.

"Thanks, Neville," Harry offered and Neville grinned back at him.

"No problem, but with that being said, I'm going back to sleep for a while." He turned back over and pulled the blanket over his head. He looked at Ron who gave him a thumbs up. Harry chuckled and picked up the note. His name was penned perfectly on the paper and Harry grinned.

'Harry,

Good luck at try-outs. I'm staying in my room until I can see the paper and what it has to say about Father's Kiss. See you later,

Draco'

He traced his finger over Draco's name and smiled. He could imagine his long, slender fingers writing the note and then he could feel them moving across his back. He had slept all night still warm from the embrace they had shared and he hoped he would feel it again soon.

***

Draco sat at his desk, drumming his fingers and watching the window. Anytime now his owl should be showing up with a copy of the paper. He also hoped he would have a note back from Harry. Another hug like the one from last night wouldnt hurt either, he thought with a grin. Harry was so solid and muscular, so strong and warm, and he had fit perfectly in his arms. He wanted to feel it again.

He got up and began pacing the floor. While he had had better things to dream of last night, his father had still floated in and out of his mind. He couldn't put away the image of his father's lifeless face, head lolling to the side after the Dementor was done. He took a deep breath and shook his head. He looked out the window and searched the sky for Orion.