CH 33 - "Do You Trust Me?"

Teddy snuggled close to Harry and yawned. He was happy. Draco had played blocks with him and rolled him his ball. Harry had read his books to him. They even let him have extra bananas after dinner and a small chocolate ice cream.

They sat together on the couch and he looked up at Harry and Draco and he smiled sleepily at them. He didn't want to sleep, though. He wanted to watch them smile at him all night, but his eyes were getting heavy. Draco was playing with his hair and it made him feel extra sleepy. He lifted his head to look at them both. He loved them so much.

"Go to sleep, love," Draco whispered at him, kissing his forehead. He rubbed his eyes and yawned again.

"We'll see you in the morning, Teddy," Harry whispered in his ear, kissing his cheek. He closed his eyes and felt the steps Harry took to his bedroom. They put him in his bed and he peeked at them one last time before sleep.

Draco and Harry. Draco had his arm around Harry and they were both smiling down at him.

"Goodnight, Teddy," Draco whispered again. He pulled his favorite blanket over him and they both kissed him once more. Teddy yawned and smiled for them once more before closing his eyes.

He loved them so much.

***

"Goodnight Teddy," he whispered as he and Draco left Teddy's room. They had spent all day playing in the park, racing his toy broom, and reading his books. Tomorrow would be the start of a new year and Harry was ready to put this one behind him and start fresh. He didn't know what this year would hold, but he knew who he was going to be holding as it came.

They walked down the hall to the kitchen and Draco flung himself into a chair, dramatically wiping his brow and letting out a long sigh.

"I wasn't sure he was ever getting to sleep tonight," he laughed.

"Honestly I wasn't either. After all the playing we did today I figured he would have been out a while ago. But it was nice just sitting with him tonight and letting him fall asleep with us." He checked his watch and looked at Draco. "What time are they getting back tomorrow?"

"Between 5 and 6 tomorrow evening." Narcissa and Andromeda were coming back in from France and he didn't want to be late getting Teddy back. They sat quietly for a moment and listened to the quiet of the house. Kreacher had returned to the school already to prepare it for the returning students.

"Are you hungry or anything?" he asked, his nerves jumping in his stomach.

"Not really," Draco shrugged. He was playing around with the tablecloth and Harry remembered the way he had toyed with his underwear the other morning. His face burned as he thought about it; they had gone farther than ever and when Teddy had cried out, Harry had been extremely disappointed.

"Well, I'm going to go take a shower. I'm not sure how long I'll be," he said. He wasn't sure if he should just come out and ask Draco to join him but that's what he was getting at. He lingered for a moment in the doorway, giving him a chance to come along.

"Oh, ok. I'll see you in a bit then," Draco said calmly. Harry just shrugged and turned to leave. He stopped for a second though and took his shirt off and flung it back at Draco, certain he was still watching him. He sprinted off up the stairs to the bathroom, unbuckling his belt and stepping out of the rest of his clothes. He looked at himself in the mirror and then took his glasses off, putting them on the towel next to the shower. He reached in and turned on the tap, the hot water streaming down his back. His thoughts went back to Draco. He had never been so intimate with another person the way they had been. And now that they were at the point of going all the way, he was nervous. He knew the logistics of course but he'd be lying if he said it didn't scare him a little.