CH 44 - "And You Are Being Very Naughty"

Harry had been reading his Potions notes all week but he didn't seem to be absorbing any of the information. Their Potions exam was close and he was trying to cram as much as he could before then. Draco was stressed about Arithmancy but Harry hadn't seen him without the book in the last month. They had also been quizzing each other for days and he was afraid he was to the point where if he did much more, it was going to scramble his brain.

"I hope all of this studying is going to make a difference," he said to Draco as the stepped through his portrait after dinner. He flung his bag onto one of the chairs and then flopped on the couch, legs sprawled in every direction and a pillow flung over his eyes. He sighed deeply and then peeked at Draco who was standing near his bedroom door, his arms crossed and a smirk upon his face.

"I have a funny feeling you may not be worth much work tonight," he chuckled.

"At this point, I feel like I either know it or I don't and studying more won't make a difference."

"You're going to do well, Harry," he told him confidently.

"I hope so," he replied. "Do you feel confident?"

"I do. I was speaking with Blaise in Arithmancy this morning and I think I may try to help he and Theo with their Patronuses here tonight. I know you haven't been around them much so if you don't feel comfortable I can meet with them somewhere else."

"It's your room," he chuckled.

"Technically yes, but nowadays you're here more often than not," Draco said with a wink. "So I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

"It'll be fine. Besides, maybe I can help teach them, if they would like."

"How sweet of you," Draco said and he stepped closer, kissing the top of his head. Harry smiled up at him and grabbed his hand, pulling him into his lap and laughing at his shocked face. He pulled Draco's face closer to his and kissed his lips, gently at first and then very deeply, breathing each others air and releasing all the tension they had been building up. Harry reached his hand around and gathered Draco's legs across his own, their bodies twisting up in each other.

"Maybe we should come back," a voice said behind them and Draco pulled back, breathing deeply against Harry's mouth. He stood up and turned around and Harry stood as well, his ears burning.

"You're early," Draco said to Blaise who had a bemused look on his face.

"And you're being very naughty," Theo chided with a good-natured smile. Harry's face burned.

"Hello, Harry," Blaise said, coming forward to shake his hand; he had a frim grip and a warm smile. "I hope we won't be hindering your studying by being here tonight."

"Not at all," Harry said with a smile.

"They weren't getting any studying done before we came anyways," Theo joked and elbowed Draco who just rolled his eyes.

"Very funny," he retorted, but he grinned as well.

"Well, he's not wrong," Harry laughed and Theo punched Draco's shoulder. Harry blushed and smiled. "I'm mainly here for moral support tonight. Any more studying and my brain will leak out my ears," he laughed.

"Me too," Theo exclaimed.

"Well, Harry may not be studying, but you need to," Blaise said. "Your defensive spells are shit and your Transfiguration is just barely passing. Not to mention you still can't produce a Patronus." Theo flipped his finger at him and twirled his wand.

"Maybe I could help you with that," Harry offered and Draco smiled and winked at him.

"You wouldn't mind?" Theo asked.