CH 35 - "Take Care of Each Other"

The next morning, Harry and Draco woke up too early and spent the morning in quiet peace. Harry had sat back and watched Draco brush his teeth and comb his hair, getting ready for the day, and he realized how much he was going to miss sharing those menial little tasks that they had been doing together. Draco smiled at him in the mirror and Harry grinned back, studying him as he seemingly combed each hair. It was going to be hard going back to school and being separated again. He knew it was only for a short time but he sighed nonetheless.

"Ready to go?" Draco asked him. Harry took one last look around and nodded. They had locked the house up tight and he grabbed Draco's arm and they disapparated with a crack. They found the women sitting in the kitchen at the table feeding Teddy his breakfast. When they walked in, Teddy immediately changed his hair from black to blond. Draco laughed and went straight to Teddy who bounced happily in his seat. He gave him a kiss on the top of his head and took the spoon from his aunt and started feeding him. Draco opened his mouth and 'aahd' and Teddy laughed and opened right up. He felt a twinge of sadness at having to leave the little boy. Even Andromeda and Narcissa, he thought, looking over at them. They had become like family to him almost overnight. He sighed, and Draco looked up at him, his eyes studying him intently. He smiled a small smile and Draco came over and linked his arm through his own and kissed the top of his head. Narcissa watched them for a moment before addressing them.

"I think I can speak for all of us when I say how different it will be around here with both of you back at school and how much we will miss you. But it will fly by quickly and I'm sure Minerva will let us visit each other if we need to," she said wiping away a tear. Draco went over to her and gave her a hug and moved to embrace his aunt as well.

"We'll certainly miss you all as well," Draco said. He squeezed his aunt's shoulder and began helping her clean Teddy up. Narcissa stood and made her way over to Harry, grabbing his hand and he smiled at her, squeezing her small hand gently.

"Harry, I'm so very glad you came to spend so much of your time with us. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you and Draco so happy. I have always wanted him to have the best life and to be happy, and for such a long time I wasn't doing that, but I feel like it had finally turned for the better. Then you came along, and all he does now is smile, genuinely smile. The both of you are so special to me and it gives me such peace knowing you have each other." She patted his cheek warmly and he blushed.

"I'm glad to hear it. I love him, I really do, and I'd do anything to make him happy."

"You don't have to do much to do that," Draco said with a wink coming up behind them. "I love you too," he whispered and he placed a soft kiss against his lips, and he blushed when Narcissa smiled between them. Harry moved to hug Narcissa, Andromeda, and Teddy and he and Draco stood together looking around for a moment.

"I think it's time I'm off now," he said.

"Take care of each other," Narcissa whispered, close to tears again, and Harry nodded at her, smiling reassuringly. Draco led him to the front hall and Harry watched as he turned and leaned against the wall. He was always a strikingly good-looking man, but when Draco smiled the way he did only for him, it changed everything about him.

"I guess I'll see you at school later," he said with a sigh. He was going to be taking the train back to Hogwarts while Draco went back by Floo, per McGonagall's instructions. "Will you eat at the Slytherin table?"

"Yes," Draco replied. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at Harry. "I'm going to miss sharing a bed with you," he whispered with a blush and they both smiled.

"Same," Harry agreed, and he pulled Draco into a hug, relishing his warmth and strength. He could smell his hair gel and his sharp cologne, and he shook his head, knowing how much he was going to miss those smells on his pillows. He looked up at Draco and saw himself reflected in his eyes. He'd be content to see himself there for the rest of his life. He reached up and kissed him deeply, enjoying the heat and the love. "I'll see you later."